Behind The Scenes
- We welcomed several new members in November: Billions, GMUSIC, SoundEvolution, Daywind Records, Asemota Music Group, Aces Nation & Repost Network
- A2IM has officially opened our submissions for the 2018 2IM Libera Awards presented by SoundExchange – put forth your submissions here!
- Speaking of the Libera Awards… it’s your LAST CHANCE to get tickets at their lowest price. Cost goes up on January 1.
- Lisa was out in Los Angeles for our annual L.A. Sync Up! As our most successful year yet, we had about 400 meetings with our member labels and music supervisors!
- A2IM had a presence at the inaugural Making Vinyl conference out in Detroit where Lisa represented the team for us.
- Richard was down in D.C. again this month to visit the Copyright Office regarding the new recordation system being put into place on December 18. He also visited Senator Hatch’s office to discuss NAFTA and its safe harbor provisions.
- In Los Angeles, Lisa helped host a Spotify x A2IM Workshop
- The sponsorship deadline for inclusion in our second round of sponsor announcements for Indie Week and The Libera Awards Presented by SoundExchange is Dec. 22. Please contact Sky McElroy if you’re interested in sponsoring this week’s Indie Week & The Libera Awards!
- Following us on Twitter? Updates, photos & even some shenanigans here and there.
- As the 60th Grammy Awards approaches, this year’s list of nominees features a wide range of well-known and up-and-coming artists. Independent artists make up 55% of nominations in all non-producer and non-spoken word categories. Check out our A2IM Independent Voter Guide here.
- SongVest is the stock market for music. They help labels carry out initial public stock offerings that sell shares of future royalties. In today’s music business, labels benefit from these alternative financing options to fund their projects and create an entirely new relationship with fans who become investors.
- Independent record labels and distributors are gaining divestments from Warner under the IMPALA / Merlin deal, but in order to act on the commercial deals made, there are operational challenges. CI is offering help with our digital assets at no charge. See more info here.
- Our friends across the pond at AIM having put together their new ‘Guide to Sync’ which A2IM members can download here.
- Since its inception in 2006, boutique digital marketing company Sneak Attack Media has been dedicated to promoting artists and bands (and since then also books, startups, lifestyle brands and more) in the most creative way possible.
- The first audio self-serve advertising platform is officially open for business. Introducing Spotify Ad Studio, a new platform that allows you to create and manage audio ad campaigns directly on Spotify. Read all about it here.
- Billboard and Nielsen announced that any edited versions of a song (preview, truncated, looped) which appears at any point on a verified/official artist page or channel or the song’s distribution label’s verified/official page or channel will not have its streams from that specific service contribute to the Billboard charts.
- A2IM NYC Holiday Party (December 12, 2017 – New York City)
- A2IM Indie Week presented by SoundExchange (June 18-21, 2018 – New York City)
- A2IM Libera Awards presented by SoundExchange(June 21, 2018 – New York City)