Behind The Scenes:
- A2IM welcomed new members Blue Rose Music, Integrity Music, Reach Records, High Water Records, Muzooka, Jammber and Romano & Associates
- A2IM (NYC) is hosting its inaugural Indie Mixer at the Delancey on Monday, March 26. RSVP here!
- Richard, Lisa and Patrick are heading down to SXSW – make sure to meet up with them at our Annual SXSW Breakfast!
- We put together a list of all A2IM Label Member showcases during SXSW! Want to #StayIndie and survive your week in Austin? The Ultimate Indie Guide is here.
- You can also catch Richard and Patrick during SXSW at Meet The Independents, see more info here
- Did you catch that all the Libera Awards nominees were announced? You can see the full list of nominees here & download your category card to promote your nomination!
- We’re thrilled to share that NYC comedian Kate Wolff will be the host of this year’s Libera Awards!
- The A2IM Indie Week presented by SoundExchange panels have been shared – you can check them all out here & stay tuned for more Indie Week announcements!
- A2IM’s next Education Webinar focusing on PR and Marketing is coming up March 28 at 1pm EST! RSVP here
- Purchased either your Indie Week or Libera Awards tickets? Cost goes up again on April 20! Buy yours today
- A2IM Members at SXSW have been invited for Country Connections on Friday, March 16 at The British Music Embassy. You can RSVP directly, here.
- A2IM shared the programming for Indie Week 2018 presented by SoundExchange. These thoughtfully curated panels will cover a broad scope of topics affecting our industry and will showcase some of its top talent. Some of the panels include, ‘The Power of Brand Storytelling,’ ‘Finding Success in a Crowded Vinyl Marketplace,’ ‘#MeToo, So What’s Next?,’ and many more. See more info here.
- The Copyright Alliance released a statement commending Senators John Kennedy (R-LA), Chris Coons (D-DE), Thom Tillis (R-NC), Bob Corker (R-TN) and Cory Booker (D-NJ) on the introduction of the Compensating Legacy Artists for their Songs, Service, and Important Contributions to Society Act (CLASSICS Act), a companion bill to H.R. 3301 to ensure fair pay for artists who recorded their music before 1972, as a part of the broader effort to reform music licensing. Find out more here.
- The way fans pay for music has changed; it only stands to reason that the rules dictating how labels, publishers, and songwriters earn money should change as well. Click here to read about how one label made their own rules with Royalty Exchange.
- An unprecedented coalition of 213 musical artists, supported by eight leading music organizations, called upon the U.S. Congress to pass the CLASSICS Act, bipartisan legislation pending in both the House and Senate to address one of copyright law’s most glaring loopholes. See more info here.
- A2IM seeks volunteers for the Annual SXSW Breakfast and Executive One-on-One Sessions presented by Royalty Exchange, Songtrust, and DISCO. We need volunteers to assist with setting up the space and checking in guests. The breakfast will take place on Thursday, March 15th for 9AM-Noon @ Iron Cactus (606 Trinity Street, Austin). Please fill out this form HERE you are interested.
- iHeart Media shared that they’ll be launching their seventh annual new music campaign to find the next Macy’s iHeartRadio Rising Star. The program, designed to support unsigned and independent artists, will be featured on hundreds of radio stations across the country and includes exposure on all of iHeartMedia’s platforms including on–air, digital, social, press, events, etc. Competition is open to emerging country, urban, pop and rock artists. Find more details here.
- Inc 500 company Vydia announced the completion of its initial close of $7.0 million Series A funding on the heels of significant user and financial growth. The company now has more than 200,000 content users that create, distribute, monetize, store, protect, and measure their content in Vydia’s simple, centralized platform. The investment was led by Vocap Investment Partners and included participation from Newark Venture Partners.
- PRS Foundation’s International Keychange initiative gathered politicians, artists and the music industry at the Canadian High Commission to celebrate a milestone moment on the journey to decreasing the gender gap in music. In a pioneering move, 45 international music industry conferences and festivals including four leading Canadian events have made a pledge towards achieving or maintaining a 50/50 gender balance across their festivals by 2022 (including live line-ups, conferences and commissions). Find out more info here.
- Delivered by partners the Department for International Trade, DIT (UK), CIMA, and SOUNDS AUSTRALIA, COUNTRY CONNECTIONS is a market education and networking initiative, specifically developed for music export bodies and offered at international showcase and conference events. The event is taking place on Friday, 16th March, from 10.30am to 12.30pm in Latitude 30 (512 San Jacinto Blvd.).
- As anticipation builds ahead of A2IM’s Indie Week, the organization is bringing the excitement to a fever pitch by announcing the final nominees for the 2018 Libera Awards.
- A2IM Indie Mixer (March 26, 2018 – New York City)
- A2IM Education Webinar (March 28, 2018 – 1pm EST)
- A2IM Indie Week presented by SoundExchange (June 18-21, 2018 – New York City)
- A2IM Libera Awards presented by SoundExchange(June 21, 2018 – New York City)