ShowUp is a fundraising platform designed to create and support activism in the music industry. Built and led by industry execs, artists, and movement leaders, www.showup.team works directly with artists, labels, distributors, and other partners in the ecosystem to seamlessly integrate artist advocacy into release campaigns, touring, and merchandise sales.
Officially launching at Indie Week, ShowUp is supported by pre-launch partners including The Orchard, ADA, and Symphonic. With these, and forthcoming partnerships, ShowUp will be announcing first-in-industry tools and integrations designed to empower and amplify artist activism, and drive advocacy and support to the communities and concerns that matter to them.
Artists have long been leading voices in advocacy for human and civil rights. ShowUp provides tools, campaigns, and institutional support to ensure that activism doesn’t happen in a vacuum. With support of artist teams, advocacy can help create and deepen fan engagement and become core integrated components of release strategies and marketing campaigns.
ShowUp is a highly curated database of vetted nonprofits supporting the broadest range of human and civil rights concerns. When artists or partners decide to advocate, they can easily browse, identify, and select an organization and create seamless fundraising campaigns for an organization that meets their needs.
Our frontline tools for partners currently include:
– Fan-facing fundraising and advocacy campaigns.
– Integrations with distributors to allow artists to pledge a percentage of royalties on new releases or catalog tracks to an organization of their choice – with teams building campaigns around this advocacy driving streams.
– Support for artists to identify and support local communities in their touring markets.
– Timely surfacing of organizations to help artists and partners support of the moment man-made, and natural disasters.
– Campaigns for artists and partners to support monthly celebrations including Pride, Hispanic Heritage Month, AAPI Month, and Juneteenth.
For partnerships and other inquiries please contact ShowUp Co-Founder Mat Hall [email protected].