September Monthly Roundup
Behind the Scenes
- The last month has been an exciting one for #TeamA2IM!
- We welcome a ton of new members: Chesky Records, Quango Music Group, Tastemaker Records, Pool Toys Worldwide, Dots Per Inch Music, PE Entertainment, T&R Recordings
- First and foremost – we announced Indie Week and Libera Awards 2018 (June 18 – 21)!! You can get your tickets today at their lowest costs. Make sure to buy now before Dec. 31
- We are still accepting A2IM Label Member Grammy Nominations to be put forth for our A2IM Voter Guide – details on submitting can be found here
- Lisa was abroad the better part of September working with our associates abroad at Reeperbahn Festival and Hard Working Class Heroes – Indie Week 2018 is shaping up to have its biggest international presence yet!
- Richard participated on the RIAA panel at Mondo.NYC discussing the Value Gap
- Richard also went to Australia, London and New Zealand to check out our partners conferences at Indie Con, attend the IFPI meeting and he even got to attend the AIR Awards!
- Patrick headed down to Nashville to attend AmericanaFest and host our reception (thanks again to our friends at ole for hosting and Lagunitas for the drinks!)
News Round Up
- AIR published their report on the Australian independent music sector, which found that the independent community represents a 30% market share in revenue terms. Read more about the AIR Share Report here.
- This month we shined a spotlight on Associate Member Feature.fm, who recently launched their new SmartLink tool, providing fans with a way to easily listen to your new releases in their choice streaming service. Check out our post about them here, and be sure take advantage of their A2IM member only discount!
- In another Associate Member Spotlight, we showcased Soundcharts, a music tech startup whose platform allows you to monitor social engagement, charts, playlists, radio airplay, and more, live and in real time. Read more about Soundcharts on our website here.
- Don’t miss your chance to get a special, A2IM member only discount on your SXSW tickets this year. Learn more about this opportunity here!
- Our friend and SoundExchange CEO Michael Huppe published an op-ed for Music Business Worldwide on the future of radio in an increasingly digital industry. Read what he has to say here.
- We shined another spotlight on Associate Member HAAWK, a new rights management firm that monitors and enforces copyrights on User Generated Content platforms. Check out our post on them to learn more about their services.
- WIN has created a “Roadmap to Germany” in partnership with VUT for all to have insight into the German market. View it here by logging into your A2IM account.
- Marauder gave a special Marauder Radio Room this month at Mondo.NYC, providing an opportunity for showcased artists and college radio stations. Learn more about the Radio Room and Marauder in this month’s Associate Member Spotlight.
- Larry Miller of NYU’s Music Business Program published a study which found that broadcast radio is declining in popularity among the younger generation, while digital streaming continues to rise. Read more about his grim report on the future of radio here.
- Don’t forget to send us your Grammy submissions by October 16th to be included in this year’s A2IM Grammy voter guide. Click here to learn more on how to send us your submissions.
- Lastly, our Associate Member GoDigital Media Group published a white paper on the value gap and the music eco-system. Download the full paper here.
- SF MusicTech Summit (October 17, 2017 – San Francisco)
- Amsterdam Dance Event (October 18-22, 2017 – Amsterdam)
- A2IM LA SynchUp 2017 presented by DISCO (November 3, 2017 – Los Angeles)
- Making Vinyl Conference (November 6-7, 2017 – Detroit)