Behind The Scenes:
- A2IM welcomed new members Vohnic Music, Drag City, GoodBAMMSho, Italians Do It Better, Rocsoulfully Records, Worldhaus Records, The Skyview Group at Morgan Stanley, Metal Blade Records, The Artist Method, Adrian Gurvitz Music, Lion’s Share Digital / Gravitas Records, Nola Blues, First Tennessee Bank, EMPIRE, Resonate, and Altenative Fidelity Music Group
- Team A2IM headed down to SXSW to host our annual SXSW Breakfast with Executive One-on-One Meetings! You can check out the recap and photos here.
- Our CEO Richard James Burgess and Director of Member Services Patrick Ferrell also spoke at SXSW’s ‘Meet The Independents’
- We celebrated International Women’s Day with our bad ass female staffers Courtnay, Sheryl, Alex & Lisa – can this photo be their album cover?
- Have you seen that A2IM made a mobile app!? We’re here to make sure that this year’s A2IM Indie Week presented by SoundExchange is the best yet. You can download it for iPhone or Android. Use it for the most up to date daily scheduling, speaker information and panels
- We hosted our first of our Indie Monthly Mixer in NYC last week! What a massive success, thanks to everyone that came out. Be sure to stay tuned for our next one and it may even be coming to a city near you soon! 😉
- If you have not purchased your tickets to Indie Week and the Libera Awards presented by SoundExchange, now is the time… The cost goes up again on April 20! Be sure to buy today.
- Richard is also speaking this coming weekend, April 6-7 at the inaugural Music Entrepreneurs Conference on the importance of staying independent. Check out more information on it, here.
- I’m sure we’ve said it before – but do you follow us on social media? Keep up to date with news blasts, current information, spotlights, clever gifs and more!
- As Spotify prepares to list directly on the New York Stock Exchange, the Worldwide Independent Network (WIN), the organization that represents the interests of the global independent music community, has announced a new initiative to add to the signatories of the 2014 Fair Digital Deals Declaration. Link
- As A2IM’s Indie Week presented by SoundExchange in partnership with BuzzAngle approaches, the organization is announcing the final nominees for the 2018 Libera Awards! Click here to see the nominees!
- SoundExchange salutes independent artist and label members with a new “Declarations of Independents” initiative that captures and champions the spirit, drive and music of indies. SoundExchange would like to thank every member of the independent music community for the continuing opportunity to support your music career.
- World Airplay Radio Monitor or WARM is a new digital service that allows you to track and monitor music played on the radio all around the world, in real-time. WARM has the purpose of giving true transparency to artists/bands, DJs, managers, record labels, PR agencies and promoters by monitoring an impressive collection of +25.000 radio stations in more than 130 countries. Click here to learn more!
- Merlin’s 2017 Latin American earnings increase five-fold in three years – US member labels see streaming revenues from LATAM territories almost double as a percentage of their business. Head here to learn more about Merlin
- Read how Merlin, the global digital rights agency for the independent label sector has today announced its first participation in the fast-evolving Chinese music market – agreeing a series of strategic non-exclusive licensing partnerships with the country’s five leading digital music services
- Today, launching music careers takes a more multifaceted approach as well as a deeper understanding of a fragmented market than ever before. Marauder, is proud to say that they help their clients take on this ever-changing landscape every day! Find out more information about Marauder here!
- A2IM welcomes Ross Ford, Manager of Systems and Analytics and Courtnay Newman, Coordinator of Member Services to the A2IM team! Check out all of A2IM’s promotions!
- This year’s SXSW Breakfast and Executive One-on-One Sessions presented by Royalty Exchange, Songtrust, and DISCO was more successful than ever! In just three hours, we hosted roughly 250 members and facilitated close to 150 Executive One-on-Ones!
- If you’re looking to sustain a career as an artist, Mercat can help you sell, track, and manage your band’s merchandise. It’s more important than ever for artists and their teams to embrace merch as a serious revenue stream.
- A2IM introduces an incredible lineup of Keynote Speakers for this year’s Indie Week, presented by SoundExchange in partnership with BuzzAngle.