Behind The Scenes
- CEO Richard James Burgess is down in Australia! He is attending the first AIR Indie-Con Australia and he spoke on the panel “Where’s My F–ing Money?” where he gave the inside scoop on where indies should be looking to ensure they are getting their fair share… from neighboring rights to blanket licensing deals and where the money flows.
- Patrick recently led A2IM’s presentation at iHeartMedia’s Rock and Urban Summits at the iHeartRadio Theater in NYC. Label Members that participated included: Polyvinyl Records, Hopeless Records, Dangerbird Records, Partisan Records, Mascot Label Group, Sumerian Records, Nacional Records, SRG-ILS Group, Radikal Records, and RTJ Music, Inc. A big thanks to them for yet another successful summit showcasing incredible music from the independent community!
- Team A2IM attended the Latin Alternative Music Conference (LAMC) featuring panelists from our members including Symphonic Distribution, YouTube, Spotify, Pandora, Altafonte, The Orchard, Regalias Digitales, and Industria Works
- Sheryl Cohen was invited by MOME to speak on a panel to discuss careers in the entertainment business with NYC interns!
- We started a new Associate Member Updates section! You can put in your company updates HERE to be included in the weekly newsletter
- Team A2IM attending a New Music Seminar Session on Where Does Ad-Supported Music Fit in the New Music Industry Ecosystem? The session was led by Tom Silverman of Tommy Boy and panelist included A2IM members from YouTube, iHeart, Pandora, and SoundExchange.
- Our friends at Amsterdam Dance Event have extended a discount to A2IM Members! If you’re interested in attending, you can read about it here!
- This month we welcomed the following to #TeamA2IM: +1 Records, Exploration, Spacecar, Precision Pressing Plant, and SongVest
News Round Up
- We got two mid-year music reports! One from Nielsen Music and one from BuzzAngle
- We did a wrap up of Indie Week, where you can see photos and panel videos you may have missed out on
- A2IM partnered with content protection company, MUSO, for free catalogue monitoring (and discounted take-down rates!)
- SoNo Recording Group and the ILS Group merged together to make one powerhouse, The SRG-ILS Group!
- A2IM was notified that labels could have unclaimed PPR in the Czech Republic, if you are on this list and would like to know about making a claim, we’re here to help!
- ASCAP and BMI banded together to announce that they’re creating a new comprehensive musical works database! Clear ownership transparency, here we come.
- Symphonic Distribution distributes music to hundreds of retail and streaming platforms for over 10,000 record labels and artists worldwide while maintaining a personalized approach to distribution. You can read more about them in their Associate Member Spotlight this month!