Behind The Scenes
- We welcomed several new members in January: Lyric Financial, Suburban Cowboy Records, Songtrust, Majic Dragon Media, Humbolt, QOBUZ, Emerging Artists Ent., Nuu Era Digital, Razor & Tie Industries, Kitsuné Musique & WARM
- A2IM Indie Week and the Libera Awards presented by SoundExchange ticket cost goes up on March 1!
- Have you seen the panels for Indie Week 2018?!
- A2IM hosted the Hi-Res Audio Pavilion at CES along with the RIAA; The Recording Academy P&E Wing and more.
- A2IM had a presence at NY:LON in NYC
- Are you heading to SXSW? Make sure to RSVP for the A2IM SXSW Breakfast!
- Please contact Sky McElroy if you’re interested in sponsoring this week’s Indie Week & The Libera Awards!
- Following us on Twitter? Updates, photos & even some shenanigans here and there
- A2IM joined Prominent music organizations including RIAA, ASCAP, BMI, and many more representing U.S. music publishers, record labels, songwriters, composers, artists and performance rights organizations (PROs) to formally announce their united support for key pieces of pending music legislation. See more info here.
- Nielsen 2017 U.S. Music Year-End Report revealed a 12.5% growth in overall consumption of albums, songs and audio on-demand streaming year over year. Along with a 59% increase in on-demand audio streams and 72% increase in R&B/Hip Hop on-demand audio streaming, making it the most dominant genre. You can download the full report from Nielsen’s website, here.
- BuzzAngle Music 2017 Year-End U.S. and Canada Reports disclosed an increase in overall consumption, an outstanding 12.8% over 2016 that marks the third year in a row with increasing growth. Audio stream consumption continued its explosive expansion with a 50.3% increase to 377 Billion streams, an amazing 127 Billion more streams than in 2016. Subscription streams are now at an impressive 80% of total audio streams, up from 76% in 2016. Download the full BuzzAngle U.S. report: BuzzAngle Music 2017 U.S. Report.
- PledgeMusic’s most successful year in its 8-year history, kicking off 2018 by announcing their second round of participants in Amplify, a program dedicated to nurturing the careers of developing artists. Amplify artists receive unprecedented support through PledgeMusic’s fan-based platform, as well as engage with the program’s valued entertainment and lifestyle brand sponsors.
- Results from a new Morning Consult Survey found that 60% of adult music listeners believe AM/FM radio, satellite radio and streaming services should pay musicians the same amount of money when their songs are played through those services. Revealing that most music fans demand fairness, equality in pay for Artists across Music landscape.
- Independent Labels Account for over 40% of Wins at 60th Annual GRAMMY Awards. Great year for the Independent community, taking 36 out of 84 GRAMMY categories. See more info and the list of all Independent Label winners, here.
- A2IM’s Education Committee kicked off their monthly series with a webinar titled “Issues Facing the A2IM Board in 2018”. In this presentation Portia Sabin (President, Kill Rock Stars & A2IM Board Member) spoke with Darius Van Arman (Co-Owner, Secretly Label Group & A2IM Board President) about issues facing the A2IM board. Listen here.
- Yangaroo, a preferred submission/delivery platform used by virtually every promotional video destination in the US and Canada, is uniquely positioned to analyze the rate that independently submitted music videos are accepted by national broadcasters – specifically MTV, BET, and CMT – and it’s a shockingly amazing 78%. Read more, here.
- Humbolt is a music discovery platform on iOS, Android, and web set to release 2018 in beta. They are dedicated solely to independent music, focusing on artist and label growth by providing a platform that allows them to stream their catalogs and exclusive content directly to their audience in exchange for their support.
- A2IM SXSW Breakfast (March 15, 2018 – Austin, TX)
- A2IM Indie Week presented by SoundExchange (June 18-21, 2018 – New York City)
- A2IM Libera Awards presented by SoundExchange(June 21, 2018 – New York City)