Our efforts on behalf of hard-working indie artists and labels represent some of our most important work here at SoundExchange.
Even though we do that work year-round, we really look forward to June. Why? Because of Indie Week! This is our favorite time of year. Not only do we get to catch up with our friends during Indie Week, we get to talk about the issues important to you.
So we sat down and thought about how we can best help indie artists and labels during Indie Week. We identified important, relevant topics to discuss and tabbed our experts on those subjects to attend Indie Week and meet with you.
Here’s what our Indie Week lineup looks like:
- Taylor Gerber and Don Potter of the Rights Management team will participate in Executive One-on-Ones in the American Airlines & CI Executive Lounge.
- Business Process Management Analyst Jake Hertzog will discuss our new Music Data Exchange and provide demonstrations on the SoundExchange Outdoor Terrace.
- Director of Rights Management Scott Berenson will participate in a panel called “Easy Money: Capitalizing on Neighboring Rights,” which is scheduled for Tuesday, June 19 at 4:15 pm in the Abrazo Gallery. Other panelists include:
- Moderator: Charlie Phillips, Director of Legal and Commercial Affairs, Worldwide Independent Network (WIN)
- Damien Morjane, Founder, Rights’UP
- Monika Tashman, Partner, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Vic Zaraya, President, RT Industries
We look forward to seeing you there!