Purpose: The American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) is seeking a full-service PR firm or individual for year-round projects.
Who We Are: The American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) is a trade group representing independently owned recorded music companies. A2IM is uniquely positioned in serving as a central voice for a diverse community of independent labels. A2IM operates within the United States focusing on government advocacy, education, and creating business opportunities for its community. Our membership comprises more than 600 record labels including Beggars Group, Epitaph, EMPIRE, Ninja Tune, GODMODE, and Stones Throw as well as 200 relevant music businesses such as Spotify, Discogs, and SXSW. A2IM represents members’ interests in the marketplace, in media and tech, on Capitol Hill, and as part of the global music community. A2IM focuses on government advocacy, education, and creating community through networking for its members.
A2IM owns and operates two flagship events. A2IM Indie Week (June 12-15, 2023) is a four-day conference focused on the unique needs of the independent music sector. Indie Week hosts over 1000 attendees and about 200 speakers. The Libera Awards (June 15, 2023), an awardsgala and online show that celebrates the many successes of the independent music community including those of the artists that create the music and the labels that invest their heart, soul, money, experience, and relationships to further their artists’ careers by promoting and monetizing their music.
Who You Are: You are a full-service PR firm or individual that understands the value of the A2IM brand and will be able to tell a holistic story about the value of independence, the value of music and the value of copyright. You are proactive with creative ideas and pitches and are strategic in planning and securing coverage. Due to the nature of A2IM’s work as an advocacy organization, the ideal PR firm would have expertise in securing industry trade coverage and well as a track record of securing public policy coverage. Additionally, there will be a focus on consumer press and engagement for the Libera Awards. This B2C portion of A2IM is growing exponentially and you can help us further the Libera Awards reach and brand.
Scope of work:
- Overall strategy and brand and message development.
- Creation of media materials including thoughtful and engaging press releases.
- Proactive and reactive media relations.
- Regular pitching of A2IM, A2IM staff, and A2IM properties.
- Designate a point person for all A2IM needs.
- Weekly check-in calls with point person (and others as needed) for planning.
- Real-time updates on major press opportunities and successes.
- Social media relations.
- Work directly with A2IM’s management and marketing teams.
Expectations include but are not limited to:
- Position A2IM CEO and President as a go-to for quotes in major industry and policy stories.
- Pitch A2IM staff for relevant industry lists.
- Pitch A2IM staff for speaking engagements at important industry events, on podcast, live streams, and more.
- Experience with securing placements in music industry trade publications.
- Proactively create pitches to tell A2IM’s and A2IM members’ story.
- Secure robust pre- and post-event coverage for the Libera Awards.
- Secure robust pre- and post-event coverage for Indie Week.
- Pitch nominees, performers, and A2IM for creative Libera Awards stories.
- Soliciting, Management and planning of Libera Awards red carpet press and photography.
- Soliciting and management of all Indie Week press attendees.
Please send proposals and inquiries to [email protected] with the test “PR Proposal” in the subject line.