Behind The Scenes
- First of all… A2IM has reached an all time record of 500 LABEL MEMBERS!! A2IM is larger than ever and constantly growing – thank you to our entire community, we are all stronger together. See here for how it makes us feel.
- We welcomed new members this month: PE Entertainment, T&R Recordings, Blue Élan Records, Red Raven Records, Point Records, Diggers Factory, Fresh Goods Music
- October was pretty busy, we announced A2IM Indie Week presented by SoundExchange in partnership with BuzzAngle as well as the Libera Awards and hosted a happy hour party for our friends in NYC
- Both Lisa and Richard spoke on panels during Mondo.NYC. Richard was invited by the RIAA to present and Lisa was on a panel focusing on women in the music business
- Patrick headed out to Amsterdam for ADE where he curated and moderated a panel on Independent labels in the electronic market with some of our members
- Richard was down in DC on the Hill several times in October for meetings with Congress
- The whole A2IM team headed down to Nashville for our annual board retreat with our talented board of directors. Check out our Instagram for some photos!
- Richard also was across the pond in Paris for MaMA, speaking on how indies grow business in a digital world along with Paul Pacifico from AIM
- All of our holiday parties have been announced!! NYC, L.A. & Nashville – Make sure to RSVP and celebrate with #TeamA2IM!
- Following us on Twitter? Updates, photos & even some shenanigans here and there
- A2IM kicked off October by announcing the dates for Indie Week and the Libera Awards Presented by SoundExchange in Partnership with BuzzAngle. Tickets are available now for both Indie Week and the Libera Awards, so get yours before it’s too late!
- HyperWallet provides an easy and reliable way to manage payments almost anywhere in the world. Learn more about their product and A2IM member specific pricing in their associate member spotlight this month.
- It’s Grammy’s season! To help with first round of voting we put together another edition of the A2IM Indie Voter Guide, compiling submissions from our members. Nominations are revealed later this month, and the final ballot is released online in December. If you’re a voting member of the recording academy, we urge you to #STAYINDIE with your votes this year!
- This month we shined a spotlight on indie.ninja, an online marketplace where people in the industry can connect easily with freelancers in various fields. Learn more about what indie.ninja does and the webinar they hosted on October 25th here!
- In big news for indies, WIN published a new report, WINTEL 2017, that found that independent record labels now comprise 38.4% of the global music market share. Read more about the report and its findings here!
- Black Box is an innovative marketing company dedicated to helping developing artists grow. Learn more about what they do and check out their monthly newsletter in this month’s associate member spotlight.
- We want your help making the most of Indie Week this year! We’d love to hear your input if you have any ideas, topics, or suggestions, for panels we could offer this year. Submit your ideas here!
- The German Trade Delegation is in town this week, and we’ve been connecting them with any A2IM members who would like to meet with them. Click here to learn more about what they’re doing while they’re in town and how to reach out to them if you’re interested!
- Music Reports gave an exclusive preview of their new Cuetrak™ software for music supervisors at our L.A. SynchUp event this past week. Learn more about Music Reports and Cuetrak™ in their associate member spotlight from this month!
- The Regulatory Transparency Project published a new paper on innovation and copyright law, and how and why copyright law needs to be updated. You can download the paper in it’s entirety here on our website!
- M for Montreal (November 15-18, 2017 – Montreal)
- A2IM Nashville Holiday Party (December 5, 2017 – Nashville, TN)
- A2IM Los Angeles Holiday Party (December 5, 2017 – Los Angeles, CA)
- A2IM NYC Holiday Party (December 12, 2017 – New York City)