November Monthly Round-Up!
Statement from CEO Richard James Burgess: Dear members, as you undoubtedly know by now, Maria Pallante was removed from her position as the Register of Copyrights by the new Librarian of Congress, Carla Hayden. Ms. Pallante was a strong advocate for copyright and for the copyright office. A2IM is concerned about the manner of and motivation for her removal, and we are watching the situation carefully as it develops. A2IM will also be actively involved in providing guidance to the Librarian and to Congress regarding the choice for the next Register of Copyright. Rather than speculate further, here are some links regarding Ms. Pallante’s sudden termination as Register.
Behind The Scenes
- Patrick just got back from an awesome trip to ADE with several of our members! You can check out some of the photos here.
- Jen had a successful trip to Dublin for the Hard Working Class Heroes Conference! She is also currently headed west for our LA Synch Up event!
- Richard was the first to break the story on the Amazon Counterfeit problem that is currently happening – if you haven’t read about this, please do here.
- Alex is working on all of our events now, so stay tuned for the announcement of some new chapter events coming up! She also wrote a guest blog spot for The Orchard to highlight our new Supporters Program.
- Marcus is tirelessly making sure that next year’s Libera Awards are bigger & better than ever. Some big announcements to come.
- Sheryl will be reaching out to members soon to discuss Indie Week Committee plans!
- Sky is continuously taking meetings with our members to discuss Brand Partnership opportunities! If you would like to connect with him, please see here.
- Are we going to see you at our holiday parties? We’re throwing them in NYC, LA & Nashville. RSVP if you haven’t already!
- Want to see all of our day to day happenings? Check our Twitter for constant updates!
Events Coming Up
- A2IM LA SynchUp is tomorrow! If you’re going make sure to say hey to Jen!
- The A2IM Holiday Parties are coming up! We’re throwing them in LA (11/29), Nashville (12/05) & NYC (12/06). RSVP if you haven’t already!
- Songtradr is a new and rapidly growing licensing platform for you to check out!
- EnterGain wants to make sure your internship program is in top shape
- Alex called for volunteers to help her with the inaugural Independents Month
- SoundExchange submitted Rate Proposal for Sirius XM, Music Choice and Muzak To U.S. Copyright Royalty Judges for 2018 to 2022
- Korrect Software gives you a ‘one stop shop’ on your royalty and music administration
- As you hopefully know, we alerted the community to the Amazon Counterfeit Product issue currently going on
- Feature.fm & Deezer announced their exciting new strategic partnership!
- We encourage you to VOTE INDEPENDENT at this year’s Grammy Awards. Check out our Voter Guide here!
- Sky called for our Label Members to discuss Brand Partnerships with him
- We called for Committee Members for Indie Week & Libera Awards and got some awesome responses!
- TuneCore announced its acquisition of JustGo & TuneCore Social!
- We highlighted the amazing Latin Grammy Nominations! Check it out here
Ask the CEO
They will be answered in our next monthly round-up.