Welcome to A2IM’s Monthly Digest! Here’s a recap of all happenings in the world of A2IM. If you want to stay in the loop in real-time, be sure to subscribe to our weekly newsletter, delivered to your mailbox every Wednesday!
- A2IM sent a letter to Luminate expressing deep concern about their plan to proceed with an Indie Strata Adjustment plan. Read the letter here.
- NO FAKES Act – Please direct your eyeballs to this Digital Music News article that includes a statement from A2IM President and CEO, Richard James Burgess
- A2IM’s Independent Music PAC:
- Libera Awards
- Run..don’t walk! A2IM has officially opened submissions for the 2024 Libera Awards! Submit your entries today!
- The deadline to submit is Monday, December 4, 2023. Statistics show that you are more likely to submit after reading this monthly digest. Don’t ask me where I got this statistic.
- We announced three new award categories! Read more about them here.
- 🏆 Publisher of the Year
- 🏆 Distributor of the Year
- 🏆 Best Record from Games & Interactive Media
- Recent A2IM events:
- Richard, Lisa, and Sheryl loved seeing familiar faces at our Seattle Mixer. Thank you again to A2IM board members and Sub Pop Records President, Tony Kiewel and the team at Sub Pop Records for graciously hosting our meeting and mixer!
- Melissa had a ball at the Red Eye Label Hang. Thanks to our friends at Red Eye for hosting another fantastic event!
- Evan and Chirag were out in sunny California at Music Tectonics. Thanks to Songtradr, .HipHop, DISCO, and Hangout on Turntable for co-hosting the party with A2IM and to Music Tectonics for organizing the tech fun!
- Future Events and International Opportunities
- A2IM is in conversation about potential international trade missions. We’ll be sure to deliver updates on these exciting possibilities when available!
- A2IM recently sent out an events survey to pick members’ brains about events they’re particularly interested in and if A2IM should have a presence, mixer, or other special happening at these events. If you have not filled it out yet, please take 2 min and do it here.
- GoDigital Media Group x We Are All Human: A Celebration of Entrepreneurship Across the Americas
- A2IM Advisory Board Member and Chairman & CEO at GoDigital Media Group, Jason Peterson spoke at the United Nations for this event. His incredible speech can be read here
- WIN (Worldwide Independent Network)
- Richard attended the WIN Board Meeting in Portugal on Oct 29 and WINCON on Oct 30. Charles Caldas (Exceleration) interviewed WIN CEO, Noemi Planas, and presented her with the AMEI Caldas Award for contributions to the music industry! Well-deserved, Noemi! 👏
- Instagram Live
- BuzzMyVideos: A2IM hosted our first IG Live with Paola Marinone, CEO and Co-founder of BuzzMyVideos, an A2IM Associate Member. Topics covered include all things AI, channel and audience growth, content trends and more! Check it out on our Instagram right here. Note: Q&A gets started at 11 minutes due to some *minor* tech difficulties. BuzzMyVideos is a shared A2IM service, offering members a free AI-enabled optimization for YouTube when you sign up for the waiting list within the A2IM Info Hub here.