Behind The Scenes
- Lisa has been making her rounds with our Associate Membership – please make sure to connect with her if you haven’t yet! She will also be at SXSW this year, so if you’re heading to our Breakfast, make sure to say hi!
- Speaking of SXSW… Richard, Marcus, Patrick, Lisa & Sky will all be there!
- Richard is moderating a SXSW panel on Labels Increasing Exports on Wednesday, March 15 @ 3:30.
- Sky has been working on brand Partnerships and sponsorships for Indie Week & the Libera Awards. If you’re interested in sponsoring this year, don’t hesitate to reach out to [email protected].
- A2IM welcomed several new members: Pyscho+Logical-Records, Sosa Entertainment, City Slang, Muserk, Vydia, Penthouse Dreamz Recordings, Warp Records, Bonsound.
- Sheryl is working on a new MDCP grant that could potentially serve our membership by helping them increase export revenues!
- Patrick went out to Folk Alliance International Conference & handled the A2IM booth there! He also was out in LA for iHeart Radio summit where six of our label members were presented.
- A2IM Staff & our Board of Directors sat in a room together for nine hours straight (yeah, that’s real dedication) to discuss how we can support our membership and the independent community at large.
- Marcus & Alex want to remind you that Indie Week and the Libera Awards are available for EARLY BIRD pricing until March 31! Prices increase on April 1.
- Get discounted tickets before March 31! See here for details
- A2IM hosted our friends from Marauder & a great new band they’re working with called All Our Exes Live In Texas!
- Want to see all of our day to day happenings? Check our Twitter for constant updates!
Events Coming Up
- A2IM Discount: SXSW Music & Platinum
- A2IM 12th Annual SXSW Breakfast
- Indie Week 2017
- A2IM Libera Awards
- A2IM Discount: Midem
- iHeartRadio has launched their annual new music search to find the next Macy’s iHeartRadio Rising Star. A2IM Members can exclusively access submission information here. The deadline for applications is fast approaching, so remember to submit an artist for consideration by Wednesday, 3/15!
- musicFIRST Executive Director Chris Israel, marking pre-72’s anniversary, released a timely statement about copyright laws in the modern era. To learn more about their mission for fair artist compensation, please visit www.musicfirstcoalition.org/home.
- A2IM’s own CEO Richard James Burgess responded to a global music industry revenue and distribution analysis by Music Business Worldwide, commenting that counting independent labels distributed through majors towards major label market share subverts the independent sector’s ability to conduct business as positioned by its true value.
- The sixth annual World IP Day is coming up on April 26th in Washington, D.C., hosted by the Copyright Alliance and the U.S. Copyright Office. There is an open call for panelists, so if you are interested in joining please contact the Alliance at [email protected].
- The Association of Independent Music Publishers (AIMP) is offering A2IM members discounted enrollment at the Premier Professional National level. More information on specific membership perks can be found here.