Behind the Scenes
- This year at A2IM Indie Week and the Libera Awards were a huge success with over 880 registrants from across 14 different countries
- Check out the full Indie Week wrap up, here
- #IndieMonth was a huge success, with our friends at Apple Music, iHeart Radio & Pandora really being champions for the Independent community
- In a recent sit-down meeting with the A2IM Board of Directors, Global Head of Music Lyor Cohen detailed YouTube’s plan for 2017. These plans included five key components:
- Official artists channels to provide the foundation for an artist’s existence on YouTube
- The expansion of YouTube music charts
- Scaled promotions to help break artists
- Increased marketing support through artist-centric campaigns and Social Media opportunities
- Education on how to maximize YouTube to build a fanbase and earn revenue
- The team at YouTube also offered insights to the services’s analytics. YouTube’s freemium/ad supported model is in 89 markets. Its subscription service, YouTube Red, is currently available in 5 markets: Australia, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, and the United States. Only 20% of music accessed on YouTube is searched, with YouTube’s Up Next recommendations driving 80% of views
- During MIDEM, Andrea DaSilva (of the US Department of Commerce) attended on behalf of A2IM! She successfully facilitated the Maritime Silk Road Music Alliance, which is a letter of intent to explore new business opportunities for independent music in China! You can see the photos from the signing ceremony, and more photos from this years MIDEM, here.
- Team A2IM is planning our fall events, plus some ways to support our membership, so keep an eye out for announcements soon!
- We’re also excited to welcome a whole bunch of new members to #TeamA2IM: Independent Label Alliance, Deborah Newman, Terrorbird, Dubset, Westover Productions, indie.ninja, United For Opportunity, Don Giovanni Records, Bronx Most Wanted, Haawk, NPREX, MafiaSoul Records, RoyaltyExchange, McAlpine PLLC, Ears and Gears, Poor to Rich Inc., City National Bank, Phoncert, Yangaroo, Joyful Noise Recordings, Carpark Records, DistroKid, Big Deal Music, Fool’s Gold, W.J. Davis, Backlash Soultions, GMP Entertainment, The Northerly Agency, Evil Teen Records, Made in Memphis Entertainment, SongVest, El Jefe Records, Xelon Digital, DISCO, Hyperwallet
- Do you #STAYINDIE ? Share with us on social media why you Stay Indie for a chance to be featured!
- Reeperbahn Festival (September 20, 2017 – Hamburg, Germany)