A2IM Education Committee Monthly Webinar Series
March’s topic: PR & Marketing.
Recorded Live Wed, March 28, 2018
Education Committee Member Eva Wagner (Northerly Agency) joined fellow A2IM Member, Marni Wandner of Sneak Attack Media for a conversation on a wide range of topics including: Marketing for Record Labels. What can your publicist do for you. What can you do for yourself.
- Defining your brand: Have a clear brand and let it reflect throughout your physical materials and digital platforms.
- Knowing your market: Know your niche and how to connect with your target audience.
- Using your network: Reach out to your current network and always keep building.
- Using social media: Post regularly and be strategic to maximize their marketing potential.
- Publicity: Hire a publicist or pitch media outlets yourself.
- Work on the numbers: Numbers of followers and streams do count (real organic numbers).
- Constantly work on attracting new followers and consider leading traffic to a few selected platforms.
- Building your email list: Come up with a good lead magnet. The newsletter should offer value.
- Designing your campaign: Using all the tips above to put together a marketing campaign for your next album release.
GUEST: Marni Wandner is the Founder of Sneak Attack Media, a digital marketing and creative services company whose clients range from musicians, bands and labels, to lifestyle brands, tech companies, books and apps. Sneak Attack’s work involves social media, content strategy and creating forward-thinking marketing campaigns.
HOST: Eva Wagner, Founder of Northerly Agency and an A2IM Education Committee member. Northerly Agency focuses on Music Marketing. Through consultations, we teach the indie community how they can do their own marketing. On April 2, Northerly is launching a subscription service tailor-made for bands/artists to market themselves through Instagram.