Behind The Scenes
- The team that hardstyle together, stay together – right?
- Richard attended the first MIRA conference in Los Angeles and Indie Con in Australia!
- A2IM has hired Ray Bloch Productions to make sure next year’s Libera Awards are our best yet
- Richard and Patrick are heading down to AmericanaFest next week! Make sure to RSVP to our reception!
- As a follow up to our Radio panel at Indie Week, the Radio Committee is approaching Mediabase about the possibility of revising the rules they use to decide when records go recurrent on the radio charts. Mediabase has asked A2IM member labels to provide them with 4-6 examples of records from the past 5 months that have been negatively impacted by the hurts. Any help is appreciated! You can send your responses directly to Tyson Haller at ADA.
- A2IM welcomed new members Father/Daughter Records, Circo Productions, Side FX Partners, Light in the Attic, Big Yellow Dog Music & Shapr
- If you haven’t signed up for L.A. SynchUp, go do it! You must register by October 1 if you would like to participate in executive one-on-one meetings.
- Don’t forget we’ve added Associate Member Updates section! You can put in your company updates HERE to be included in the weekly newsletter
News Round Up
- Regalias Digitales, the leading royalty collection agency in the Latin music industry, rapidly expanded their music supervision services, including supervision for the popular Netflix/Univision series ‘El Chapo’. Check out their full member spotlight here!
- The second round of Grammy nomination submissions came and went, but you can still see all the specifics and dates now.
- A2IM spotlights associate member Fox Rothschild LLP, which is a full-service, national Am Law 100 law firm with more than 800 attorneys in 22 offices coast to coast. Read more about their music services in our full report.
- Our A2IM CEO Richard Burgess responds to Billboard’s Indie Power Players, congratulating members who made the cut while also criticising the inclusion of several companies owned by major labels. Read the article and full response here.
- Video technology startup and member Vydia debuts on the Inc 500 list of America’s Fastest Growing Companies. Vydia is an award-winning video technology company that empowers creators to publish, protect, monetize and distribute their content on one centralized platform. Read the entire article now!
- PledgeMusic announced the launch of Amplify, a program dedicated to nurturing the careers of a diverse range of developing artists. Amplify calls on up-and-coming creatives to submit their work for a chance to receive unprecedented support through PledgeMusic’s fan-based platform, as well as engage with the program’s valued sponsors. Click here for more information.
- Our friends at The Copyright Alliance offered a great opportunity to promote artists and their creative works to both the copyright community and the public with a blog series on its website called “Five Questions”. Check out the full article for more information and submissions.
- A2IM responds strongly to YouTube’s Lyor Cohen, noting discrepancies and criticizing comments made in his blogpost about his time at the company. Read the response here.
- In another Associate Member Spotlight, we highlighted Dubset, a free rights management system deployed by Spotify, Apple, Deezer, and over 35,000 labels and publishers (majors and indies) to manage use and receive royalties when their catalog is streamed within mix and remix content. Read more about them from the Wall Street Journal.
- LANDR, the world’s #1 A.I.-powered platform for music creators, announced that it has expanded to allow artists to release and sell their music online. Read their full spotlight now.
- The musicFIRST Coalition, which works to ensure music creators get fair pay for their work, launched a new campaign to unite artists in support of their intellectual property rights at a time of rapidly changing technology. To learn more and find out how you can participate, click here.
- The Australian Independent Record Labels Association (AIR) provided the most accurate picture to date of the global value of the independent music sector. Read the report now!
- All That Matters (September 9, 2017 – Singapore)
- AmericanaFest (September 12-17, 2017 – Nashville)
- Reeperbahn Festival (September 20, 2017 – Hamburg, Germany)
- A3C Conference (October 4-6, 2017 – Atlanta, GA)
- Amsterdam Dance Event (October 18-22, 2017 – Amsterdam)
- A2IM L.A. SynchUp! (November 2, 2017 – Los Angeles, CA)