Behind The Scenes
- Team A2IM had a successful SXSW – thank you to all of our members that came and made the A2IM Breakfast such a success!
- We’ve announced some super exciting performances and awards being given out at this year’s Libera Awards: Ani DiFranco will be accepting Lifetime Achievement and Nick Lowe will be there to accept Independent Icon
- Richard spoke at Music 4.5 on the music industry value gap and the reintroduction of Fair Play, Fair Pay
- Patrick organized a successful sit-down with our Board of Directors and Lyor Cohen/YouTube at SXSW
- Team A2IM has Peter Schwinge and Moving Target Group are working hard to introduce exciting new panels for Indie Week 2017! Keep checking our newsletter and social media for exciting updates
- Alex is excited to announce that A2IM is now working directly with The Press House! Welcome to Dawn Kamerling & her stellar team!
- Team A2IM also welcomed some new members: Tender Loving Empire, Interline Records, Javotti Media, Penalty Entertainment, Rough Trade Publishing, Bonsound, & Warp!
- Marcus is hard at work to make this year’s Libera Awards the best yet – have you bought your ticket yet?!
- Sky is rocking it for our confirmed sponsors – shoutout to Indie Week and The Libera Awards presented by SoundExchange in partnership with ADA, YouTube, Caroline, The Orchard, INgrooves, BuzzAngle Music, CI, Merlin, and PledgeMusic! If you’re interested in joining that lineup, contact him directly.
- Lisa is gearing up for Executive One-on-Ones during Indie Week, so be on the lookout to schedule your meetings soon!
- Statement from musicFIRST Executive Director Chris Israel Lauding Introduction of Fair Play Fair Pay Act.
- Libera Awards Volunteers Needed! Let us know if you want to be invovled!
- A2IM Sets Libera Awards Lineup: Nick Lowe, Ani DiFranco, Talib Kweli, Twin Peaks and Nick Hakim To Perform At PlayStation Theater June 8, 2017
- On March 6, 2017, President Trump signed an Executive Order to implement new screening, visa issuance, and admissions procedures for individuals from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen, effective March 16, 2017. A2IM joined the music community in opposition.
- Indie Week 2017’s Annual General Meeting has some heavy hitters this year… Check them out!
- WIN Releases it’s Global Chart Report 2016, you can read it here.
- Sales of physical merchandise (t-shirts, vinyl, CDs, cassettes, tickets, posters, etc.) grew at a phenomenal rate on Bandcamp in 2016.
- Mayor Bill de Blasio and Media and Entertainment Commissioner Julie Menin announced the results of the first-ever economic impact study of New York City’s music industry.
Events Coming Up