Behind The Scenes:
- A2IM welcomed new members Infinite Companion, MUSO, Orfium, Gerencia 360, 23 Capital, Fat Possum, Proton, and AntiFragile Music
- Richard and Patrick are heading to Canadian Music Week
- If you’re heading to CMW, Richard will be speaking on the panels Spotlight on USA and Changing the Tune: An Introduction to the “Keychange” Gender Parity Project
- Richard, Patrick and Lisa will be heading down to MusicBiz – if you’re going, make sure to stop by the A2IM stand and say hi or they will see you at the A2IM Music Biz Reception presented by Exactuals, Lyric Financial, CD Baby & SoundCloud
- Have you seen that A2IM made a mobile app!? We’re here to make sure that this year’s A2IM Indie Week presented by SoundExchange is the best yet.
- You can download it for iPhone or Android. Use it for the most up to date daily scheduling, speaker information and panels
- Did you hear our Indie Mixers are monthly in both NYC and L.A.? RSVP below (more cities coming soon!)
- CEO Richard Burgess spoke at the Music Entrepreneur’s Conference in Boston on the importance of staying Independent
- This past month Team A2IM has been in full-blown INDIE WEEK mode! We’re all over here trying to make sure this year’s schedule, panelists and daily offerings are the best yet.
- A2IM has announced five performers set to take the stage at this year’s Libera Awards presented by Soundexchange in partnership with BuzzAngle, and the line-up includes Aimee Mann, Sam Outlaw, Raul Midon, Funky 4+1, and The Dap-Kings with The Extraordinaires led by Lee Fields!
- musicFirst’s Executive Director Chris Israel reflects on the unanimous 415-0 passage of the Music Modernization Act voted on by the US House of Representatives, declaring it a step in the right direction in terms of progress for the industry.
- If you are looking to extend your reach within the music business make sure you’re seen with a feature in Billboard’s inaugural Indie Week Music Feature, for more information click here.
- indie.ninja is inviting you to try their early beta which enables you to hire and manage people from veteran music contractors to college students click here to get more information and to see the discounts you can receive by signing up!
- Tamara Hrivnak, Facebook’s Head of Music Business Development and Partnerships, goats on the Independent music community while announcing key partnerships with major indie players: Merlin, INgrooves, [PIAS], and The Beggars Group. Head here to read more.
- If you would like to further your understanding of the Music Modernization Act and how it will change the current system, Dina LaPolt from LaPolt Law has provided us with a downloadable breakdown of the entire thing. Link
- Res()nate, the ethical music streaming co-op that allows listeners to own music and ensures artists are fairly compensated, has joined A2IM! Read more!
- In an article published by Billboard, A2IM’s CEO Richard James Burgess shares his thoughts and opinions on the positive impact he believes the Music Modernization Act will have on the industry. Head here to read the piece in full.
- A2IM Board of Directors Nominations: elections will be held in May to fill three available seats, enter your nominations by Friday, May 4th, see page for more information.
- The introduction of the Music Modernization Act was largely made possible by collective work of leaders from both major parties who came together to craft the piece of legislation. Read why musicFirst applauded this effort here.
- Head here to learn about Repost Network’s acquisitions of French companies SCPlanner and Artists Engine and its plan to offer free accounts to members of Repost Network for both services!
- Secretly Distribution has expanded over the past several months from welcoming Josh Madell, Co-Founder of Other Music, as the Head of Artist and Label Strategy to promoting Shelly Westerhausen to US Head of Physical and expanding their distribution team. Click here for more info!
- IFPI, an organization that supports the interests of the international recording industry is offering a discount to A2IM members, for terms and more information read here
- A2IM Music Biz Reception presented by Exactuals, Lyric Financial, CD Baby & SoundCloud (May 15, 2018 – Nashville)
- iHeart Urban Music Summit: (May 17th, 2018)
- iHeart Alternative & Rock Music Summit: (May 16th, 2018)
- A2IM Indie Mixer (L.A.) (May 21, 2018– Los Angeles)
- A2IM Indie Mixer (NYC) (May 21, 2018– New York City)
- A2IM Indie Week presented by SoundExchange (June 18-21, 2018 – New York City)
- A2IM Libera Awards presented by SoundExchange(June 21, 2018 – New York City)