A2IM is starting a new monthly initiative! With the first newsletter of every month, you’ll get a round-up of new events added/coming up, what the team has been up to last month, and our big news items all in one place in case you’ve missed them! We’ve also put together “Ask The CEO” – Where once a month CEO Richard Burgess will address your submitted questions.
Ask the CEO
They will be answered in our next monthly round-up.
Behind The Scenes
- A2IM is bringing together a few NYC-based non-members next week with our board and committees to educate them more on what A2IM can do for their growing businesses
- Patrick is currently in Stockholm speaking to the European community about the benefits of A2IM with our friends Record Union
- Jen is busy preparing panels and presentations at Mondo.NYC and Hard Working Class Heroes (Dublin), meetings at AIM’s AGM and Reeperbahn Festival this month, and inviting the music supervisor community to meet our members at the A2IM LA SynchUp on Nov 2.
- Richard is currently in conversations about the SDARS III Rate Setting Hearing, trying to get better rates for Satellite Radio for the Independent Community
- Alex and Marcus have been on the hunt for the perfect spot for Indie Week & the Libera Awards, incorporating input from Indie Week 2016 to make sure Indie Week 2017 is our best yet!
- Richard has just completed an OpEd for Billboard on behalf of our community that is set to go live tomorrow! Including an exclusive interview with Portia Sabin on her podcast, Future of What
- Marcus just finished this past quarter of MDCP export reporting. Awesome to see our members doing so well abroad!
- Sheryl is working on new systems to make A2IM run faster, better, stronger!
- Team A2IM is meeting with YouTube next week
- Richard is working closely with Spotify on their upcoming new initiatives
- There have been a ton of success and new releases from our labels this past month, and Alex makes sure to always shout it out on social media – Check our Twitter for constant updates!
Events Coming Up (in Sept)
- The inaugural Mondo.NYC starts next week! If you plan on attending, A2IM members can still receive a 20% discount!
- AmericanaFest starts on September 20th – A2IM Members can receive discount information here
- If you’re attending AmericanaFest, make sure to stop into the A2IM Reception on Tuesday, September 20th! More info & RSVP here!
- Reeperbahn Festival (Sept 21-24) in Hamburg, Germany – A2IM Members can still access a registration discount here
- A2IM Members can now access discounts at all Standard Hotels!
- We submitted (fingers crossed!) for two SXSW Panels! Why Artists Should Choose Indie Labels and Looking Abroad: Increasing Exports
- As A2IM Members, you can now receive litigation assistance from the Copyright Alliance
- A2IM filed in support of section 115 Subpart A Royalty Rates Settlement, read more here
- All Grammy submissions are in! To make sure your submissions are included in the Independent Voting Guide, check here
- New export trade mission to ADE (Amsterdam Dance Event). Click here for more info!