ABOUT A2IM’s BOARD
A2IM Board of Directors’ terms run for three years. Each board seat is term limited to one full three-year term. Any board member serving a full three-year term must sit out one year at the conclusion of her or his term before being eligible to run for election again. The A2IM board of directors meets in person or by teleconference 6 – 10x per year to review the agenda and progress of the organization, represent the membership at large, and assist in setting the priorities and direction for the organization. Each board member is encouraged to offer his or her expertise and opinions and to become involved in committees and projects supporting the efforts and growth of A2IM. The A2IM staff keeps the board informed of important developments as they arise and seeks guidance from the board in order to better serve the Independent music community.
There are four (4) expiring seats up for election this year. The expiring seats are currently held by Craig Balsam (Razor & Tie), Dave Hansen (Epitaph/ANTI-), Scott Robinson (Dualtone) and Tom Silverman (Tommy Boy). All four (4) A2IM board seats will be filled in May by an online vote, of the full A2IM label membership, in a private ballot with one (1) voter per label member company. The newly elected board members will serve terms, as described above, to begin on July 4, 2017.
TO APPEAR ON THE A2IM BALLOT
- All Label Member companies in good standing are eligible to nominate a candidate.
- Forward nominations to A2IM Member Relations Manager, Patrick Ferrell, via e-mail at [email protected].
- Include a short description of the nominee, the music label the nominee represents, and the priority issues the nominee will champion. You can submit yourself, a staff member, or nominate another A2IM member.
- Deadline for nominations: Friday, May 5th (9pm EDT.)
- A2IM staff will certify nominations by Friday, May 12th and election voting details and ballots will be circulated to each A2IM Label Member voter (the designated primary contact at each Label Member company.)