A2IM congratulates all its label member for their Billboard Music Award nominations: Big Machine Label Group (Taylor Swift for Top Country Artist and Top Social Media), Glassnote (Mumford & Sons for Top Rock Album), and Nettwerk (Passenger for Top Rock Song, Top Rock Artist and Top New Artist). A full list of the Billboard Music Award Finalists can be found HERE.
As per A2IM’s By-Laws, A2IM will be holding an election in May to fill five (5) board of director seats. All senior management executives from A2IM label member companies in good standing are eligible to stand for election to an A2IM board seat. If you are interested in serving on the A2IM board please contact Jim Mahoney. You are also invited to nominate someone from your senior staff or another A2IM label member executive for nomination for this election.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS IS FRIDAY, APRIL 18th.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to run for a board seat or if have a nominee in mind.
ABOUT A2IM’s BOARD
A2IM board of directors’ terms run for three years. Each board seat is term limited to one full three year term. Any board member serving a full three year term must sit out one year at the conclusion of her or his term before being eligible to run for election again. The A2IM board of directors meets in person or by teleconference eleven times a year to review the agenda and progress of the organization, represent the membership at large, and assist in setting the priorities and direction for the organization. Each board member is encouraged to offer his or her expertise and opinions as well as getting involved in committees and projects supporting the efforts and growth of A2IM. The A2IM staff keeps the board informed of important developments as they arise and seeks guidance from the board in order to better serve the independent music community.
ABOUT THIS YEAR’S ELECTION
There are four (4) expiring seats up for election this year and one (1) seat opening due to a current board member standing down. The expiring seats are currently held by Tor Hansen (Yep Roc Records), Bruce Iglauer (Alligator Records), Martin Mills (Beggars Group) and Victor Zaraya (Razor & Tie). Darius Van Arman (Secretly Label Group) occupies a seat with 1 year remaining in the term but is stepping down in compliance with A2IM by-laws stating that no member company may hold more than 1 board seat (Board member Cathy Bauer recently moved from Daptone Records to Secretly Label Group). All five (5) A2IM board seats will be filled by a vote of the full A2IM label membership, 1 voter per label member company, in a secret ballot election (voting to be done on-line) in May.
The newly elected board members will serve terms as per the above to begin on July 4, 2014.
TO APPEAR ON THE A2IM BALLOT
1. All label member companies in good standing are eligible to nominate or field a candidate for nomination.
2. All nominations must be accompanied by the names of five (5) member companies whose principals support the nomination to be confirmed as candidates for election. Jim Mahoney can assist you in securing a nominee’s 5 supporting recommendations for nomination.
3. Forward nominations, including a short description of the nominee, the music label the nominee represents, priority issues the nominee will champion, and five (5) supporting names from five different label members for the nominee to A2IM vice president Jim Mahoney via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can submit yourself or nominate another A2IM member.
4. Deadline for nominations: Friday, April 18th (9pm EDT).
5. A2IM staff will certify nominations by Thursday, April 24th and election voting details & ballots will be circulated to each A2IM label member voter (the primary contact at each label member company).
We hope you will join us for an A2IM member-only beer & wine reception on
Thursday, May 8th from 6PM – 7:30PM at the Monarch’s Pub at Eaton Chelsea Hotel
(only a seven minute walk from the CMW Conference Marriott), 33 Gerrard St W, Toronto, info.
A Big “THANKS” to our CMW Reception Sponsor
IFPI’S RECORDING INDUSTRY IN NUMBERS 2014 REPORT –
50% DISCOUNT FOR A2IM MEMBERS
IFPI’s Recording Industry in Numbers (RIN) is the most authoritative report on the recorded music industry, containing a wealth of global music sales and other key statistics and it is available for A2IM members to buy with a 50% discount.
The report features:
- Recorded music sales for 2009-2013 by country
- Country-level data for 50 territories, including*:
- Splits for physical, digital, performance rights and synchronisation revenues
- Physical and digital sales volume
- Digital sales by format (downloads, mobile, subscriptions, ad-supported)
- Digital indicators (internet users, broadband households, mobile subscriptions, active smartphone and tablets)
- In-depth analysis of the recorded music sector, including overview of market performance by region and developments in the digital sector
- Analysis of the industry’s diverse and evolving revenue streams including subscription, downloads, music video and physical formats
- Special feature on emerging markets – case studies on China, Africa and Latin America
- Historic global sales trends
- Global charts – Top 50 bestselling albums of 2013, Top 10 singles & Global Recording Artist Chart
*Not all data available for every country. Synchronisation data available for 2010 onwards.
For more information, including full list of contents, sample country page PDF and sample Excel data from the report click here.
Discount for A2IM members
A2IM members are offered a 50% discount on the advertised sales packages here. To claim your discount,
- Offer excludes academic package
- IFPI may verify status of A2IM member before responding
- Orders placed without promotional code cannot be refunded/part-refunded later
- Standard IFPI terms and conditions apply to all purchases