You are browsing the archive for 2011 February.
A2IM Presents Tom Silverman
A2IM February Meeting
A2IM’s Nashville chapter speaker for February will be Tom Silverman, Founder and Chairman of Tommy Boy Entertainment. He was instrumental in the founding of A2IM, is currently the chairman of the A2IM board of directors, and has long been a driving force in the Indie Music Label community. He is also co-founder of the New Music Seminar, a new kind of grassroots music industry gathering for disenfranchised music business upstarts.
Tommy Boy has earned gold, platinum and multi-platinum albums by such artists as Everlast, Queen Latifah, Coolio, Naughty By Nature, Club Nouveau, De La Soul, Digital Underground, and House of Pain, and has been Billboard Magazine’s number one dance label for six years in a row.
In addition to A2IM, Tom Silverman sits on the boards of Merlin, SoundExchange, the RIAA and We Are Family Foundation and has served on the boards of NARM, NAIRD, AFIM, The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and the Dance Music Hall of Fame.
This is a rare opportunity to learn from someone outside of the Nashville Community who is very well connected in the independent music industry.
When: Thursday, February 10th, 2011
Time: 12 – 12:30 PM Networking
12:30 – 1 PM Lunch
1 – 2 PM Presentation and Q&A
Speaker: Tom Silverman, Tommy Boy Entertainment
Where: Savarino’s Cucina (upstairs)
2121 Belcourt Ave
Nashville, TN 37212
Advance RSVP Savings:
Reserve your spot by buying your lunch in advance and save $5! Purchase online using the appropriate link below or call Krista Slinkard at 460-7077 to reserve your lunch by no later than 4 PM on February 9.
Members (and staff): $20 Click here to purchase online
Non-members: $25 Click here to purchase online
***Please include your name, names of any guests, and company name in the comments section during checkout.***
At the door:
We will accept cash, check, or credit cards at the door.
The 11th Annual Digital Music Forum in New York City will take place on February 24! We are the only event in the United States that brings together the top music, technology and policy leaders for high-level discussions and debate, intimate meetings and unrivaled networking about the future of digital music. Digital Music Forum is known worldwide for the news that is made in our auditorium, the deals that get done in our hallways, and the friendships and partnerships that are forged year after year. Why wait by the sidelines, when you can join the event that is helping to drive the industry’s future!
Register Now to get the Pre-Registration rate of $399 (expiring on January 28, 2011) -
The New Music Seminar (Los Angeles, February 14th through 16th, 2011) is offering A2IM members a special 2 for 1 registration rate.
To register using the A2IM discount visit: Here
Use the A2IM members only code:
Due to the success of NMS NYC, there is an even bigger program in place for Los Angeles.
At NMS LA 2011, we will have the following programs in place
- 12-18 minute Intensives (up from 10)
- 2 mentoring sessions (22 Companies total)
- 5 Movements
- 4 Closed Door Summit meetings (up from 3) that will include Tech, New Deal Summit, Branding and now the Indie Club Booking Summit
- 2 Rock and 2 Hip Hop Summits
- Songwriting workshop
- Singers and Rappers workshop
NMS LA 2011 will take place at the Sheraton Universal Hotel. The location is 333 Universal Hollywood Drive, Universal City, CA 91608. The move to a larger location will make the networking and exhibit area even more beneficial toeveryone attending.
- NMS has 200 rooms at a special discounted rate of $169 beginning Friday, February 11th through Wednesday, February 16th . So book your rooms now in order to be where all the events will be taking place. If you are going to the Grammys on Sunday, February 13th, we have rooms available.
- All Movements, lectures, mentoring sessions, summits, Meet the Authors, Closed Door Meetings and the Exhibition areas are on the main floor at the hotel right next to each other as it has been at our other Seminars. Go to the following link to see the meeting space as well as the hotel itself www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=83
- The Exhibition area will feature 20 tables with four chairs each for setting up meetings and will drive delegates to your booths for more networking and business opportunities
- The main lobby bar at the Sheraton Universal will be the place for delegates to meet all day and after our nightly events with cabanas for private meetings. It will be open between 6:00 am and 3:00 am daily.
- The Opening Night Party will be held at the Music Box/Henry Fonda Theater on Monday, February 14th beginning at 6:00 pm. All delegates will be able to pick up their badges at that time in advance of the Seminar beginning on Tuesday, February 15th
- The Artist on the Verge Finals, Tuesday night, February 15th and the NMS Closing Night Party Wednesday night, February 16th, both will be held at The Roxy on Sunset Blvd. Both nightly events begin at 8:00 pm.
- Our new registration system will allow you to know in advance who is attending NMS, so you can make meetings prior of the Seminar, maximizing the opportunities for you and your company.
- NMS will be announcing the Top 100 Artists on the Verge chart prior to NMS LA and will become the chart for artists ready to break in the coming year.