Designed to connect the independent music communities ranging all the way from Alaska to Tierra Del Fuego, this year will see the inaugural Pan-Am Indie Summit be held virtually, and jointly organized by A2IM (USA), ABMI (Brazil), ASIAr (Argentina), CIMA (Canada), IMICHILE (Chile), and WIN (global).
Today, we are excited to announce the full program for Pan-Am Indie Summit, as well as the availability of voice-over translations in English, Portuguese, and Spanish!
Throughout the day attendees will have the opportunity to…
- Direct message and video chat with peers and partners through the brand new digital platform
- Attend detailed panels and presentations from experts from across the region.
- Chat with trade specialists from the U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration who will be on hand to offer market insights for our U.S. members, as part of our domestic MDCP project.
- Attend a pre-conference private session with trade and policy experts from the U.S. Department of Commerce with a focus on Brazil, Canada, and Mexico. (A2IM MEMBERS ONLY)
We encourage attendees to settle in for the day, and get ready to network.
Brought to you with support from The Control Room, Distrokid, Merlin, and the International Trade Association, and produced by Marauder.
2021 Pan-Am Indie Summit Full Program
As proud recipients of ITA’s Market Development Cooperator Program, we are pleased to bring you a private session with ITA trade policy specialists, intellectual property experts. Please join us to learn about doing business across the Americas from the following esteemed speakers:
- Cynthia Henderson – Intellectual Property Counselor for Mexico City, Central America and the Caribbean/U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), U.S. Embassy in Mexico City, Mexico
- Maria Beatriz Dellore – Regional Intellectual Property Advisor for Mercosur, Guianas, and Suriname/U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), U.S. Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Patricia Marega – Commercial Specialist for ICT and Media & Entertainment Industries, Foreign Commercial Service, U.S. Consulate in São Paulo, Brazil
- Ozlem Toplu – Commercial Specialist/Foreign Commercial Service, U.S. Consulate in Toronto, Canada
- Andrea DaSilva – Senior Policy Analyst and Global Team Leader, Media & Entertainment Industries/International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, Washington, DC
- Marisel Trespalacios – Senior International Trade Specialist, Long Island, NY/Deputy, Music Industry, Global Media & Entertainment Team
Industry experts provide the must-know details of their home markets across the Western Hemisphere in this series of short talks.
- Argentina:Nicolas Madoery – Secretary, Director, and Country Manager, ASIAr
- Brazil: Carlos Mills – President, ABMI
- Canada: Trisha Carter – Music Export Manager, CIMA
- Chile: Oliver Knust and Francisca Sandoval – IMICHILE
- Colombia: Jorge Iván Cubillos – President, AIMCO
- Jamaica: Jeremy Harding – Music Business Professional, Harding Music Academy
- Mexico: Ana Rodríguez – Founder, Relatable Music/Co-chair, IMMF
- Peru: Patricia López – President, APEMM
- USA: Alyssa Mark – Director, Label Member Relations, A2IM
ABMI, ASIAr and IMICHILE are working together to create the first Latin American Independent Music Observatory to characterize the region’s independent music industry in its sociodemographic, economic, labor and digital aspects. The goal is to foster a competitive and collaborative musical ecosystem and deliver added value to hundreds of companies and their trade associations in the region.
Cristobal Dañobeitia – President, Digital Observatory of Chilean Music (Chile)
What tools are available to maximize your artists’ visibility across digital services? Learn about best practices from leaders across North and South America.
Moderator: Rosie Lopez – Tommy Boy, (USA)
AJ Alvarez – Marketing Director, LATAM, Symphonic (USA)
Victor Schlesinger – Co-founder, Ronda Co-Op, (Chile)
Renato Vanzela – Business Development, FUGA (Brazil)
A presentation by team Soundcloud.
Learn about the latest Bandcamp features (like Live and Vinyl), get the inside scoop on what makes Bandcamp tick for the most successful artists and labels on the site, and find out how to pitch the Bandcamp Daily editorial team.
Andrew Jervis – Director of Artists and Labels
Amit Nerukar – Artist and Label Ambassador
Sign up for a carousel of three-minute B2B matchmaking meetings to meet potential business partners and peers.
Key First Nations music industry executives and artists share experiences of developing the industry and making music in the independent sector.
Subhira Rodrigo Cepeda – Director, Mundovivo/Master in Composition (Chile)
Matthew Maw – Director, Lead Artist Manager, Red Music Rising (Canada)
Miesha Louie – Artist, Miesha and the Spanks (Canada)
Mauro Rodriguez – Regional Producer, TieneQueAndar Producciones (Argentina)
Music supervisors, labels, and brand representatives discuss music licensing trends options across borders for the post-pandemic world. What’s happening in sync in 2021 and beyond?
Moderator: Kirt Debique – CEO & CTO, Sync Floor (USA)
Dan Burt – Music Supervisor, Wunderman Thompson (USA)
Everton Lewis Jr. – Music Supervisor, Wracket Music Supervision (Canada)
Yael Meyer – Owner and Founder, Kli Records (Chile)
Fabrizio Onetto – Head of Content and Artist Development, OCESA Seitrack (Mexico)
In the brief talk, music and technology experts Heather Johnson and Tom Riley discuss the music rights and licensing across an exploding sector: games and influencers.
Heather Johnson – CEO, Ninety9Lives (USA)
Tom Riley – COO, PretzelAux, Inc. (USA)
How do you best promote your music across borders? When is it time to open an outpost outside of your home country? Learn creative solutions from independent companies who have successfully developed an international strategy.
Moderator: Ian Harrison – General Manager, Hopeless Records (USA)
Nando Machado – Founder/Director, ForMusic (Brazil)
More speakers TBA
Tweety Gonzalez – Artist, Music Producer/Vice President, ASIAr (Argentina)
Adel Hattem – Founder, D Music Marketing (USA)
Camilo Lara – Musician, Mexican Institute of Sound (Mexico)