Here’s what the A2IM staff have been up to! –
- Met with Congressman Jerrold Nadler in NYC’s The Recording Academy’s District Advocate Day
- Met with with Dan Mullaney, Assistant USTR for Europe. Dan is the senior US trade official for Europe and will be the Chief US Negotiator for both the US-UK and US-EU agreements, if and when they launch.
- Participated in the Burbank Streaming Conference “The Economy of Streaming Media”. Was a panelist on the panel titled “Making Digital A Profitable business For All Stateholders”. Panelists with Richard included: Jeff Walker | EVP & Head, Business & Legal Affairs, Sony Music Entertainment / Aaron Harrison | SVP, Business & Legal Affairs, Universal Music Group / Allan Coye | Media Executive, Warner Music Group
- Moderator: John Smith | President, FIM – Chairman, PPL (United Kingdom)
- Traveled to Washington DC for the musicFIRST executive comm. meeting to discuss the strategic planning for 2019
- Hard Working Class Heroes in Dublin meeting with indies in Ireland and participating on a panel with SXSW, Eurosonic Nooderslag, and Reeperbahn Festival
- Making Vinyl in Detroit hosting a panel with our friends at Craft, Light In The Attic and Caroline
- Planning and executing the 2018 A2IM SynchUp event in Santa Monica (sold out!). View photos here.
- AmericanaFest in Nashville hosting our annual reception at Thirty Tigers (big thanks to them!). At the conference, Patrick moderated “The Power of Being Independent” panel alongside our friends at Thirty Tigers, Dualtone, Anti-/Epitaph, and New West Records.
- Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE) moderating “A New Era for Independents” panel with our friends at Dim Mak, !K7, Ingrooves, and MIDiA Research. Patrick also was a panelist on the “What Will the Next 10 Years Bring the Indie Community” with our friends at Impala, Merlin, and Armada Music.
- New/Returning A2IM members over the past two months: MAD Dragon Records, Hidden Track Music, Sync Floor, PeerTracks, Soundstripe, Mac Blk, MC Catalog Management, Elysian Masters, VDC Group, Centric Entertainment / Align Music Group, CmdShift, YouTooCanWoo, 22DMusic, Ditto, Melissa Mazza, Friends of Friends, Label Engine, Wave Music, and Nervous Records.
- Full overhaul of A2IM.org with robust member portal set to launch at the end of the month!
- The education committee has opened a mentor program. Click here to learn more.
- New York Quarterly Mixer – VERY Successful
- A2IM hosted a successful retreat in NYC for the A2IM board of directors. We did a day of strategic planning and a day of meetings.
- We have a new mission statement – “A2IM is a leading voice of independent music whose mission is to: Promote growth, awareness, and opportunities for independent music through advocacy, education, and community.“
Stay up to date on everything A2IM and Indie by following us via the links below!