— Title: Head of Artist & Label Strategy Company: Secretly Distribution Reports to: Managing Director Location: Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Austin, or Bloomington
Secretly Distribution is a global distributor servicing physical and digital distribution for an exclusive group of over 40 independent record labels including Asthmatic Kitty, Captured Tracks, Dead Oceans, Constellation, Ghostly INTL, Jagjaguwar, Numero Group, Sacred Bones Records, Secretly Canadian, Temporary Residence Ltd., Touch and Go Records, Western Vinyl and many more. Founded in 1997 to help get the music of a few growing labels into the hands of the people that needed to hear it, two decades later we have expanded our offices globally but remain headquartered in Bloomington, IN.
Secretly Distribution seeks candidate for ‘Head of Artist & Label Strategy’. Candidate will utilize their industry relationships and experience to bring new partnerships to Secretly Distribution while working hand-in-hand with our GM, Sales Directors and Project Managers to on-board new business. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the independent landscape to identify ideal partnerships and up-and-coming artist and label brands across a wide range of genres. This position reports to the Managing Director and is available in the following US offices: Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Bloomington, Austin.
• Identify new artist and label partnerships for Secretly Distribution
• Craft internal organizational framework for discussing and sharing prospective new business
• Work with Managing Director to set quarterly/yearly benchmarks for new business, leading weekly meetings to monitor progress
• Assist Sales and Project Management teams with existing business by finding unique opportunities in and outside our distribution ecosystem
• Represent Secretly Distribution at numerous festivals, conferences, and industry events each year
• Minimum of 5+ years experience in the music industry which may include label services, distribution, marketing and promotions experience
• Strong familiarity with physical and digital distribution landscape
• Track record of strong rapport with industry peers across labels, artists, and the independent music ecosystem in general
• High level of integrity, work ethic, communication, leadership and teamwork skills
• Ability to travel, at times extensively and/or on short notice
Benefits: • Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance • 401K • Paid holidays • Paid vacation days
Contact: To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate send email directly to Jessie LaJoie, Secretly’s HR Director at email@example.com