Ghostly International – Founded in 1999, Ghostly has grown from a boutique music label known for its experimental-pop and techno acumen to an internationally recognized platform for the work of the world’s best visual artists, designers, technologists, and musicians. The Company operates three verticals as music label, publisher, and retailer. Through these divisions, Ghostly functions as a multi-platform cultural curator of events, art, clothing, merchandise, technology, licensed products and recorded music. The company is based in Brooklyn, NY, its music can be heard at live venues and on major streaming services all over the world, and its unique merchandise is available in the Ghostly Store. For more information visit ghostly.com and theghostlystore.com.
Play an integral role in leading the operations of an important brand in music, art and events. Guide and contribute to the advancement of a company that punches above its weight in multiple genres and entertainment and cultural platforms. Report directly to the Founder & CEO and oversee multiple functions including finance, operations, IT, real estate and people & culture, and play a key role in new business development.
• Oversee relationships with third party accounting, banking, insurance and other partners.
• Directly manage Royalties staff.
• Ensure effective and compliant use of Quickbooks, SR1 and other financial systems.
• Provide P&L insight and support to the business unit directors.
• Conduct forward looking analysis and business intelligence to support executive decision making.
People & Culture
• Partner with the Founder & CEO on people strategy, and lead the execution of the annual performance, compensation and profit sharing programs at Ghostly.
• Make recommendations for staff development, and serve as a mentor and peer mentor.
• Manage payroll and benefits.
• Be a role model for all staff: engender the vibe of a small elite high performing organization that delivers the highest levels of artistry and business achievement.
• Provide planning and thought leadership for annual company summit.
• Ensure a smooth running work environment for all Ghostly staff and partners.
• Maintain cost effective and comfortable real estate needs of the organization.
• Keep up Ghostly’s access and use of secure, cutting edge Information Technology to support effective creative and business processes.
• Shepherd initiatives and partnerships that impact the collective brand for Ghostly and its artists.
• Work closely with the Founder & CEO in executing enterprise-wide marketing and branding initiatives.
• Provide process and tools that bring efficiency to the marketing activities in the three divisions. Identify best practices that can be shared across the divisions.
• Lead the stewardship of business goals that connect across business units, and major company goals outside of the business units.
• Play an active role in connecting and supporting the direction of the Label, Publishing and Store business units.
• Identify, negotiate and activate partnerships, collaborations, brand partnerships, events and other initiatives that drive Ghostly’s growth and cultural impact.
• Provide coordination, process leadership and structure to the division heads in support of larger deals and projects that exist across
Skills and Experience
• Experience as a general manager in the music business, with demonstrated expertise cross functionally in operations, finance and human resources.
• Strong financial and business acumen.
• Passion for independent music.
• Strong industry relationships, connections and reputation, with the ability to network to open doors toward stated business objectives.
• Deal sourcing, structuring and negotiation skills.
• High integrity, experienced professional who commands respect.
• Excellent communicator.
• Patient, supportive, service oriented and reliable.
• Inclusive team champion with demonstrated maturity.
To apply to the GM & COO opportunity, or to recommend a qualified candidate, contact Ghostly’s exclusive recruiting partner at Careers@EnterGain.com and include GM & COO in the subject line.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.