Company Name: Beggars Group US
Location: New York
Apply Via: email@example.com
Closing Date: April 11, 2017
Beggars Group US recruiting a Head of Finance, working from New York offices
Candidates must be hands-on, systems – literate, ideally CPA qualified, with 5 years relevant experience in Financial Operations.
Purpose of role:
• Responsible for all US accounting, tax filing, payroll and US intercompany transactions
• Management responsibility for a team of 3 people – expected to supervise, review, coach and troubleshoot Financial Operations and Royalties staff
• Wider role re. US administrator of our accounting package, NetSuite.
• Reports to UK-based Group Financial Director, and locally to President, Beggars US
•Location: New York
• Monthly financial close and reconciliations
• Management of US finance monthly close & ensure all statements processed
• Supervision of timely and accurate processing of statements
• Report, review and provide variance analysis on monthly accounts
• Review of US bank recs and journal postings
• Preparation / reconciliation of intercompany transactions and balances
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Reporting of exceptions to standard costs of manufacturing and COGS analysis
• Work with Production team to resolve discrepancies
• Management support
• Preparation of US board packs for Beggars US and Matador US
• Planning & analysis for President, Beggars US and President, Matador US
• Input into UK for Board and ad-hoc Group reports
• Ensure all sales are properly reconciled to consolidated Royalties
• Generate and sense check cost reports for Royalty runs
• Review and sense check all Matador US royalty statements
• Reconcile statements to financial accounting
• Responsible for ensuring all local, state and federal filing deadlines are met through timely and accurate supply of relevant data to external tax advisors
• Mailing of forms 1099, 1042 and other relevant documents to vendors.
• Communicate group reporting requirements to tax advisors and ensure annual tax return figures are prepared and reconciled to annual accounts on time
• Prepare payroll information for bureau and ensure reporting, deductions and payments are applied accurately
• Responsible for insurance & workers’ compensation audits
Skills & Experience required:
• CPA/ CMA qualified accountant with minimum 5 years’ relevant experience
• Strong academic background, highly numerate & analytical
• Strong systems experience (Super user/Administrator)
• Advanced spreadsheet skills
• NetSuite experience an advantage
• Music industry & royalties experience preferred
• Hardworking, tenacious, motivated, self-starter, finisher.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships across the business
• Commercially focused and confident in articulating solutions and their reasoning.
• Head office finance team is in the UK, so trips to the UK HO may be required
• Loves music
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.