Beggars Group is one of the world’s largest and most influential independent record label groups. It is composed of 4AD, Matador Records, Rough Trade Records, XL Recordings and Young Turks. The company is known for top-selling albums from artists including Interpol, Kaytranada, The National, Parquet Courts, Queens of the Stone Age, Vampire Weekend, The xx, and others. It is celebrated for a 30 year history of curating and breaking diverse, culturally important artists. The company’s founder and senior management has also been instrumental in the launch and growth of trade associations that support independent music including the Association of Independent Music in the UK, IMPALA in Europe and A2IM in the USA, and is active in the global independent music rights organization Merlin. Beggars Group has offices in London, Los Angeles and New York.
The U.S. Head of Streaming is responsible for overseeing Beggars’ holistic streaming strategy and deepening relationships with our counterparts at the biggest streaming and digital music companies. The U.S. Head of Streaming reports to the President of Beggars Group USA and will build and oversee a newly created Beggars streaming team. The U.S. Head of Streaming defines our approach on macro and campaign levels, manages through competing priorities of our streaming partners, delegates within the team to ensure optimal coverage for each streaming partner, and expands data resources and their practical application while leveraging the wisdom, interpretation and input of the streaming team.
• Identify and synthesize streaming campaign blueprints on a release-by-release basis with input from the labels and the streaming team.
• Develop regular reporting on streaming metrics and analytics and produce concrete conclusions and album strategy recommendations.
• Empower streaming staff where appropriate to manage relationships and dialogue with partners.
• Partner with colleagues to ensure the cohesive execution of international playlist and pitching strategy as well as key reporting on editorial developments and feedback.
• Manage topline strategy and campaign level dialogue with our streaming partners as well as with iTunes.
• Meet regularly with key streaming partners to discuss high-level developments and relating to the labels and liaise on all ongoing collaboration and campaign opportunities.
• Unify international streaming campaign planning with key input from every territory.
• Work with the labels within Beggars Group to apply overall campaign goals to streaming strategy and execution.
• Manage through the fluid and ever evolving movements of our streaming partners.
• Provide solutions that deliver on Beggars’ release goals and give each streaming partner something to uniquely align with their own positioning.
• Chair weekly international streaming meetings to address campaign needs, partnerships, feedback and analysis.
• Chair monthly streaming strategy meetings at the label level that incorporate campaign analysis and recommendations from the streaming team.
• Work closely with managers and artists to update evolving best practices and rollout planning within the streaming ecosystem.
• Knowledge of and passion for the diverse roster at Beggars Group across all our labels and genres, with a keen understanding of the competitive landscape.
• Leader who facilitates collective wins among our labels’ and artists’ needs, the team’s plans, and the partner’s capabilities and interests.
• Expert with at least 5 to 12 years of experience leading streaming and DSP account relationships in the music business.
• Respected by the highest level label representatives at the top music streaming and digital music services.
• Recognized manager and mentor who has successfully led and developed direct staff in the music industry, and who can partner with peers and colleagues in a matrix structure.
• Able to assimilate, analyze, interpret and explain a large flow of music streaming, socials and marketing data in a way that leads to great decisions about album, single, and artist campaigns.
• Reputation for using analytics to tell a relevent, actionable story that supports our artists and labels and is compelling to our partners.
• High integrity, work ethic and communication skills.
• Well-rounded modern thinker with a nimble, hands-on, indie mind-set.
To apply for this role, or to recommend a qualified professional, please contact Beggars’ exclusive recruiter on this assignment: Careers@EnterGain.com, and include “US Head of Streaming” in the subject line.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.