New York, NY
ABOUT THE COMPANY: The American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) is a trade group representing independently owned recorded music companies. Independently owned labels comprise all genres of music, and over a third of all recorded music in the United States, including major stars such as Taylor Swift, Paul McCartney and Radiohead, popular eclectic artists including Alabama Shakes and Angel Olsen, and influential rap artists including Run the Jewels, and NxWorries. A2IM is uniquely positioned and serves as a central voice for a diverse community of Independent labels operating within the United States. A2IM represents members’ interests in the marketplace, in the media and tech, on Capitol Hill, and as part of the global music community.
LOCATION: At A2IM’s headquarters offices in New York, NY
Responsibilities: The Sales Coordinator will be the essential glue that helps A2IM’s revenue producing managers perform at their best. The Sales Coordinator supports front-end sales-oriented prospecting, creating pitch materials, scheduling meetings, follow up, communication, billing and reporting. This highly organized, highly motivated person is tech and data savvy, a strong communicator, and a team player.
Support the membership, sponsorship and brand partnership managers by:
• Conducting research and analysis of prospective member companies, brand partners, and sponsors.
• Keeping timely and accurate records in the CRM.
• Preparing and executing outbound communication, sales collateral and mailings.
• Scheduling follow up meetings with prospective members, sponsors and partners.
• Running reports on sales pipeline and performance, accounts receivable, meeting activity, etc.
• Other follow up, travel logistics, communications, and administrative tasks as directed.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in business, communications, economics or a field of study relevant to sales and business development or equivalent work experience.
• Highly organized with a strong aptitude for working with CRM and other systems in a consistent manner.
• Running reports and analysis of data in CRM, accounting and event systems.
• Strong skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, GoogleDocs, CRMs and other systems.
• Strong writing, general written and verbal presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge and appreciation of music industry and particularly independent labels’ issues.
• The drive to go above and beyond to deliver world-class service for our members.
• Skilled in communicating to all levels of the music, media, tech industries.
• Highly organized, detailed, and accurate.
• Effective prioritization, time and project management skills.
• Innovative thinker.
• Ability to work independently yet collaborate and communicate with all stakeholders.
• Sales experience is considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
A2IM is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Salary and job title commensurate with experience
To apply or recommend qualified candidates please contact A2IMcareers@gmail.com.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.