The Sales Coordinator will be a key addition to A2IMs revenue producing team growing our label and associate memberships. The Sales Coordinator has a passion for music and the music industry with a strong sales background. This role will support membership growth through cold calling, prospecting, creating pitch materials, scheduling meetings, follow up, and renewing current members. This highly organized, highly motivated person is a strong communicator, a team player, has sales experience and an understanding of the music industry.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
– Generating revenue through the sales of label memberships and associate memberships
– Conducting research and analysis of prospective label and associate member companies
– Keep timely and accurate records in CRM daily on all touchpoints with clients and prospects
– Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals while exceeding client expectations in value and service.
– Work in tandem with event operations, marketing, and various other departments in a positive and professional manner
– Meet daily call requirements and schedule follow up meetings with prospective members and partners
– Assist in monthly and quarterly member events and other service related initiatives
– Other follow up, travel logistics, communications, and administrative tasks as directed.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, economics or a field of study relevant to sales and business development or equivalent work experience.
• Highly organized with a strong aptitude for working with CRM and other systems in a consistent manner.
• Running reports and analysis of data in CRM, accounting and event systems.
• Strong skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, GoogleDocs, CRMs and other systems.
• Strong writing, general written and verbal presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge and appreciation of music industry and particularly independent labels’ issues.
• The drive to go above and beyond to deliver world-class service for our members.
• Skilled in communicating to all levels of the music, media, tech industries.
• Highly organized, detailed, and accurate.
• Effective prioritization, time and project management skills.
• Innovative thinker.
• Ability to work independently yet collaborate and communicate with all stakeholders.
• Sales experience is considered an asset.
The American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) is a trade group representing independently owned recorded music companies. Independently owned labels comprise all genres of music, and over a third of all recorded music in the United States, including major stars such as Taylor Swift, Paul McCartney and Radiohead, popular eclectic artists including Alabama Shakes and Angel Olsen, and influential rap artists including Run the Jewels, and NxWorries. A2IM is uniquely positioned and serves as a central voice for a diverse community of Independent labels operating within the United States. A2IM represents members’ interests in the marketplace, in the media and tech, on Capitol Hill, and as part of the global music community.
To apply for this role, or to recommend a qualified professional, please contact A2IM’s exclusive recruiter on this assignment: Careers@EnterGain.com, and include “Sales Coordinator” in the subject line.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.