Submit your proposal to plan and produce our annual awards ceremony
Purpose: A2IM requests proposals to provide event planning and production for its annual Libera Awards event, taking place Thursday, June 15, 2023.
The A2IM Libera Awards celebrate the many successes of the independent music community including those of the artists that create the music and the labels that invest their heart, soul, money, experience, and relationships to further their artists’ careers by promoting and monetizing their music. The greatest independent artists and labels are free to create music without limitations.
The annual Libera Awards is a cornerstone event for the independent music community and is the capstone to A2IM’s Indie Week in New York City. Independent label members, key music industry leaders, tastemakers, and executives from the vibrant, multi-genre independent sector from around the globe, gather to celebrate their previous year’s achievements.
The 2023 event will be held Thursday, June 15 in New York City (venue TBD) and will be attended by approximately 700-1000 people, including record label founders, owners and senior executives, top tech/digital service providers, media partners, and a handpicked group of industry VIPs and their guests.
An In-Person and Online Experience
In 2023 the Libera Awards will produced in two parts:
- An elevated in-person gala and ceremony focused industry-insider awards. This featured a premium social and networking exclusive cocktail hour, an exclusive afterparty, and an approximately 2 hour award ceremony featuring about 4 live performances and 30+ industry and artist awards. The award gala was a 3-course seated dinner. Attendees generally purchase full tables of 10 but seating options are flexible.
- An exclusive recorded version of the show, edited for length and content, live-streamed to hundreds of thousands of consumers at a later date (date TBD but preferably three days after the live show). This will feature select awards and moments from the show and up to 8 pre-recorded performances. In 2023, YouTube was our exclusive livestream partner.
For 2023, we intend to build upon our ability to reach consumers via live streaming while still providing a premium experience at the gala. We welcome creative ideas to reach these goals.
Please include the following in the proposal:
- Experience with similar events: award shows, galas, showcase style performances, a VIP experience. Please provide your current and past client list.
- Venue relationship and sourcing including catering sourcing and options
- Video production components, including but not limited to the creation of nominee video packages, on-screen images, marketing materials, and content capture.
- Experience and a plan for the proper licensing of music for live-streamed elements. This includes 9 second clips of all nominees as well as contracted musical performances.
- Plan for production and distribution of ~60 premium award statuettes.
- Experience and plan for active lighting and sound design in the venue.
- A high-level overview of how you would coordinate up to 10 live performances, a VIP experience for our guests, maximization of press and social media opportunities
- Media management and plan, including red carpet plan
- A planning and staffing overview
- A line by line cost breakdown of your offered services
- An itemized list of projected expenses
- Ideas to elevate our event including sponsorship opportunities, brandable moments, VIP-focused add-ons, special activation
- Potential for assisting in attracting high-level cash and in-kind sponsorships/partners
- Potential for assisting in attracting significant media partner(s)
- Overall budget and costs
We are looking for a “turn-key” event. A2IM staff will contribute oversight of the organization and planning and talent procurement. The event producer will maximize our event within our budget limitations, help us source new revenue streams, optimize guest experience and satisfaction, facilitate on-site activation for our sponsors and potential media partner, and deliver all pre-production, “day-of” production, and logistical needs for both the in-person gala and live-streamed event.
Please submit proposals to [email protected]. Thank you kindly for your interest.