A2IM’s member-run committees periodically write white papers to share insight and best practices with their fellow members. The collection of white papers below are valuable resources that include useful tips as well as suggested service providers in each area.
- Music Licensing 101 (2008)
- Music Licensing 101 (Updated 2011)
- AIM Guide To Synch Licensing – 4th Edition (2011)
- Video Monetization and Digital Rights Management (2011)
New Media Focused:
- Email Marketing (2009)
- Direct-To-Fan (D2F) Business Strategies (2009)
- Social Networking: An Introduction (2010)
- Social Networking Simplified: A Facebook How-To For Labels, Artists and Bands (2010)
- Social Networking Simplified: A MySpace How-To (2010)
- Social Networking Simplified: A Twitter How-To White Paper (2010)
- Social Networking Simplified: Metrics & Decision Making (2011)
- Mobile Business (2012)
- Get Your Digital House In Order (2012)
Beginning in June 2009 A2IM has hosted Independent Music Label Think Tanks bringing together our diverse and experienced membership to discuss major challenges and opportunities facing our community. Focused breakout groups featuring members from various backgrounds, geographical locations, and music genres share their experiences to provide different perspectives and to suggest answers to questions posed to the assembled groups. Resulting from the Think Tanks, A2IM authored the below Independent Music Label Roadmap, an evolving document intended to strengthen and educate our membership.