Sumerian Records is seeking an LA-based “Director of Sync & Licensing” for a full time position w/ the company.
The ideal candidate would be able to utilize existing relationships with music buyers in order to seek and secure licensing opportunities for the company’s roster.
– Pitch current roster and catalog music for licensing across all media
– Oversee clearance requests for label recordings/compositions
– Negotiate favorable and fair-market licensing terms
– Develop and maintain strong relationships with music buyers
– Strategize and execute marketing and outreach campaigns
– Report on sync market trends and outreach effectiveness to executive team
– Liaise with artists and their respective teams to navigate details for pending agreements
– Min 2 years similar experience at record label, publisher, third-party sync company
– Must have established network of strong working relationships with music supervisors, studio music executives, agency music producers, production staff and the general sync community
– Must be a creative and strategic thinker
– Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
– Must be a highly-motivated, organized, self-starter with the ability to work well in a team environment