Stones Throw is seeking a full-time Marketing Director. Ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated individual with 3+ years music business experience in marketing and/or project management. Familiarity with the label, our fan base and our artists’ music as well as a general passion for music is essential. Ability to stay organized, manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize a heavy workload independently in a busy work environment is a must. Candidate should also have experience with relevant and emerging social media networks, digital platforms and culture.
• Work with key staff members to develop, execute and implement marketing campaigns and timelines.
• Interface with artists, managers, publicists, booking agents and other 3rd party partners.
• Develop and implement digital advertising and online strategies
• Quantify success and efficiency of digital advertising, social engagement and conversion and partnerships via various analytics tools.
• Develop and maintain contacts in the creative services (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers etc . . .)
• Update basic web (html) and social media
• Develop creative content including music videos, web campaigns, and other promotional marketing assets with in-house/freelance designers, directors, editors, etc. . .
• Oversee playlisting strategies and analysis of streaming data
• Develop marketing partnerships to align label and artists with brands and their music programs
• Develop and maintain relationships with partners outside of the traditional music retail sphere, including new media platforms, brand partnerships and lifestyle marketing.
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML. Basic video editing skills a plus.
• Contacts in music and related industries including press, radio, booking agencies, brands, tastemakers, etc . . .
• Contacts in the creative services (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers etc . . .)
• Resourceful at working within independent label budgets
• Attention to detail is a must.
– Health Insurance
– 401 K
– Paid Holidays
– Paid Vacation Days
Please email cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.