Title: US Radio Director
Company: SECRETLY GROUP
Reports to: Head of Global Marketing
Location: Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Austin or Bloomington, IN
Secretly Group is a group of affiliated, independently owned music companies, including Secretly Canadian, Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, The Numero Group and Secretly Publishing. Secretly Group is headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, with offices in Brooklyn, London, Chicago, Los Angeles and Austin. Founded in 1996, Secretly Canadian counts Anohni, Jens Lekman, Whitney, The War On Drugs, the catalogue of Jason Molina and the recordings of comedian Tig Notaro amongst its roster. Jagjaguwar was also founded in 1996 and merged operations with Secretly Canadian in 1999. The label’s present roster includes Grammy-winner Bon Iver, Dinosaur Jr., Angel Olsen, Sharon Van Etten, Moses Sumney and Unknown Mortal Orchestra. Meanwhile, Dead Oceans was founded in 2007 by the owners of Jagjaguwar and Secretly Canadian with Austin-based Phil Waldorf. It is the current home to Mitski, Kevin Morby, Phosphorescent, Slowdive and The Tallest Man On Earth. The Numero Group was established by Tom Lunt, Rob Sevier, and Ken Shipley in 2003. It became a part of Secretly in 2013 when company partners Ben Swanson, Chris Swanson and Darius Van Arman bought a stake in the reissue specialist and brought it into the Secretly family.
Secretly Group seeks a US Radio Director to develop, execute and oversee radio campaigns for artists across Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar and Secretly Canadian’s rosters. This radio professional should have a proven track record of success across multiple formats, including one-to-all of the following: noncomm, AAA, Alternative.
The ideal candidate is a skilled communicator and creative promoter with a deep rolodex in radio and a passion for delivering meaningful artist development at radio alongside airplay, chart story, etc. S/he should have an enthusiasm for our artists’ work and must able to multi-task efficiently and work collaboratively. This position reports to Head of Global Marketing, and is available in the following US offices: Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Bloomington,IN, or Austin.
• Work with project managers, A&R and marketing teams to develop and execute radio strategy for album and single campaigns; foster relationships with artist managers, publicists and other external partners
• Develop, maintain and foster relationships with music directors, program directors, hosts, promotion directors, format leaders, etc.
• Set up promotions and features at radio, including interviews, ticket giveaways, in-studio performances, and listener events; balance macro-level national exposure with market-by-market regional endeavors.
• Manage radio staff and independent promoters involved with campaigns.
• Formulate and manage campaign budgets; hire and oversee independent promoters for campaigns as needed.
• Deliver weekly/bi-weekly reports for marketing, touring, and distribution departments; analyze market data to identify active/reactive markets.
• Collaborate effectively with artists and management on every phase of an album or single’s life cycle.
• Represent Secretly Group at numerous festivals, conferences, and industry events each year.
• Be a team player with all divisions, labels, levels and regions of the organization
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in promotion of new music to radio, including 3+ years at one or more of the following: noncomm, AAA, Alternative.
• Track record of successful campaigns across multiple formats, including one or more of the following: noncomm, AAA, Alternative.
• Fluency with airplay tracking systems, radio trades and digital delivery services.
• High level of integrity, work ethic, communication, leadership and teamwork skills.
• Ability to travel, at times extensively and/or on short notice
• Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation days
To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate send email directly to Jessie LaJoie, Secretly’s HR Director at email@example.com