MPress Records is a NYC-based boutique record label specializing in singer/songwriters and Triple-A radio artists and bands. Founded over a decade ago by NYC-based musician Rachael Sage, MPress Records releases amazing music by innovative, multi-dimensional artists including Grammy® Nominee Seth Glier, power-pop band A Fragile Tomorrow and Belgian sensation K’s Choice.
As the New Media Coordinator at MPress Records, you will:
• Build and maintain fan bases and databases via Fanbridge and FileMaker Pro.
• Manage and engage the Street Team
• Develop and manage our label and artists’ online presence through social media & new media outlets such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Spotify.
• Implement social media rollout strategies for all MPress Records pre-orders, single and album releases.
• Pitch releases to curated playlists such as Spotify and Pandora.
• Pitch releases to music/media blogs.
• Edit videos (iMovie, Final Cut Pro) such as a tour, SXSW or end of the year recap.
• Maintain and update our various websites as needed.
• Provide tour promotion by submitting and updating online gigs listings and sending promo materials to venues.
You have knowledge of all social media platforms and current best practices for social media marketing. You know how to create, track, and analyze the performance of a campaign. You have a strong passion for new technology and finding new ways to market music and connect artists with their fans. You are highly organized and detail oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in digital marketing & social media in the music industry.
• Experience with Macintosh computers
• Basic knowledge of HTML
• General online savvy
• Design experience in Photoshop and/or Quark a plus.
• A basic understanding of today’s music landscape.
• A willingness to learn and ability to self-guide.
• Love of music and a sense of humor
What We Offer
• Full-time position (salary negotiable)
• Excellent Medical Insurance (including $400 fitness reimbursement)
• Two weeks paid vacation after completion of your first year
• Working with fun team of people with a passion for music