Mom + Pop Music, a leading independent record label based in NYC, seeks a Marketing Manager. We are looking for an individual with no less than 2 years experience in the music industry (booking, management, agency, touring, indie label, etc) that is a self-starter, ambitious, and hungry to learn. Who enjoys indie music and wants to work collaboratively within a small boutique company.
The Marketing Manager will manage specific artist projects from first signing to after album release. This will include but not limited to setting up new releases and pre-orders, leading communications with internal and external teams, and being the point person on specific projects. Please be aware this is a lifestyle job and going to shows and jumping in with partners internationally could require weekend or evening availability.
– Work in tandem with A&R internally and artist teams externally.
– Lead all communications with artist teams including radio, publicity, and sync with weekly comprehensive updates, marketing plans, and any key breaks in the campaign.
– Set up pre-orders and new releases and liaise with our distribution partner to ensure proper execution across all digital service partners, physical retail and indie retail.
– Work in conjunction with Tour Marketing Department to maintain artist promo schedules and promo opportunities.
– Maintain and create marketing plans in conjunction with digital department, touring department, creative department and artist team. That incorporates a strategic plan for all release assets, tours etc.
– Grow and maintain 3rd party relationships.
– 2 years applicable experience in the music industry (booking, management, agency, touring, indie label, etc).
– Excellent oral and written communication
– Strong attention to detail with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
– Comfortable working in teams and independently
– Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Google Docs is required.
– Photoshop, Illustrator or video editing a plus
Please send a copy of your resume but more importantly a cover letter that touches on giving us a snapshot of who you are. This can include but is not limited to: what ambitions you have, your first concert, bands that changed your life, your background or reasons why we should hire you. Think of this as if you were writing to a friend about the opportunity. The cover letter is weighted more than the resume. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.