Marauder is interviewing potential media relations interns for this coming fall semester. Interns must be able to commit to a minimum of two full days a week in Marauder’s Manhattan office, from the end of August through December. This is a paid internship. Even so, applicants must also be able to receive school credit. This position includes media research, assistance with client press reports, some media outreach, and a fair amount of tolerating bad jokes. Knowledge of radio and press outlets is a plus.
Intern tasks include:
– Researching outlets and journalists for media coverage
– Creating and updating client reports (including radio data and outreach)
– Small blog media outreach
– Creating, drafting, and monitoring press releases via Campaign Monitor
– Playlist research
– Provide ideas or potential strategies for current or future clients, events, and organizations
– Creating and maintaining client profiles via StoryAmp
– Researching social media and online coverage of current projects
– Maintaining Marauder Spotify and Soundcloud playlists
– Online research for new and potential clients
– Assistance with special events, if needed
Marauder’s media clients include independent artists, conferences, and organizations from around the world. Candidates with an interest in both new music and the international community will be highly favored.
Interested applicants should send a resume to email@example.com. Resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter detailing what one would hope to achieve out of the internship.