ABKCO Music and Records is one of the world’s leading independent entertainment
companies. It is home to iconic catalog assets that include compositions and recordings
by Sam Cooke, The Rolling Stones, Bobby Womack, The Animals and more. New
releases include Eric Burdon’s latest Til Your River Runs Dry, soundtracks to Wes
Anderson films Moonrise Kingdom, Darjeeling Limited, Fantastic Mr.
Fox and Moonrise Kingdom, soundtracks to Edgar Wright’s Scott Pilgrim vs. the
World and The World’s End, and most recently the Volume 2 & 3 Soundtrack to HBO’s
hit series Boardwalk Empire.
ABKCO is searching for a part time intern in the publishing and licensing department.
The ideal candidate for this position is a recent Graduate or a Junior/Senior in College
majoring in Music Business and has had a previous internship in the music industry.
If you are looking to gain experience in the music industry and work for a medium-sized,
fast-paced company then this is the position for you. Business hours are Monday-Friday
The job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Scanning files & organizing online files
• Special projects
• Organizing packages to submit to music supervisors for placement in film/TV
• Department copying/mailing/filing
• Various administrative task including calendaring, handle telephone calls, purchase
• Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel Experience
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills