We are looking for someone to join our sales team as a passionate ambassador for our roster of labels and artists. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable of our catalog and the vinyl marketplace, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced, high energy, and ever-changing work environment.
– Oversee a customer base that includes indie stores, national chains, big box retailers, and non-traditional outlets. From initial solicitation to coverage analysis to phone follow-ups, the position’s paramount goal is to ensure that our distributed titles are placed into markets where they will move.
– Cold call and follow up both with prospect customers and dormant accounts in order to expand and strengthen our coverage base.
– Keep tabs on the touring and marketing activities of distributed labels and artists. Create relevant email blasts based on these activities; furthermore, identify opportunities along tour routing for in-store appearances, ticket giveaway promotions, social media tie-ins, and supply product if there are holes in coverage.
– Liaising with international consignment partners, requesting and processing statements, and managing stock levels.
– Provides weekly analysis on titles to be restocked, back in stock reports, and holes reports for sales.
– Keeps tabs on media and local events for artists and labels in our wheelhouse. Develops relationships with key tastemakers where possible.
– Excellent knowledge of the independent music landscape, particularly urban music and culture, with at least five years of experience working for a distribution company or record label.
– Extremely organized self-starter with a proactive approach to management; with an attention to detail
– Creative strategist with a willingness to take an unorthodox approach to promotion of the label; must be able to work independently
– Ability to communicate with all levels of management, talent and third party entities