Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a leading international entertainment company that specializes in the acquisition, production and distribution of film and television content. The company’s comprehensive network extends around the globe including Canada, the U.S., the UK, Ireland, Spain, Benelux, France, Germany, Scandinavia, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. Through established Film and Television divisions, the company provides extensive expertise in film distribution, television and music production, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Its current rights library is exploited across all media formats and includes more than 40,000 film and television titles, 4,500 hours of television programming and 45,000 music tracks.
The Toronto based Director, National Radio Promotion will utilize existing relationships with radio outlets throughout Canada in order to seek and secure airplay, promotional, & marketing opportunities.
• Work with music radio station programmers to seek and secure airplay, increased spins, and promotional opportunities for Last Gang/eOne Music artist releases.
• Explore and exploit all avenues in the market region via radio to contribute to the priorities and goals of the company.
• Secure and maintain airplay on radio stations in assigned market.
• Identify, foster, and maintain strong working relationships with radio station programmers to acquire airplay for artists.
• Maximize airplay and implement promotional opportunities to achieve a record’s greatest potential audience impact.
• Contact stations on a weekly basis as needed.
• Implement on air promotions for artists
• Design promotion plays to expose acts outside of radio airplay.
• Minimum 7-10 years’ experience working in Radio Promotion in Canada
• Vast knowledge of Canadian Active Rock, Alt Rock, HotAC, CHR and Country radio formats
• Marketing and/or sales background experience is a plus
• Strong relationship building skills and be able to maintain those relationships
• Possess extensive network of relationships with radio station personnel nationally
• Strong negotiation skills
• Must have creativity skills and think outside of the box.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• An engaging personality and possess a passion for music and radio
• You will be well networked within the Canadian music industry with strong relationships with key music industry stakeholders
• You are highly organized, and possess strong project management abilities
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• You are able to work in a collaborative role with senior management team
• You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of executives, artist management and staff
• Travel will be required
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please send all inquiries to: Jordan von Haslow, Head of US Talent Acquisition, jvonhaslow@entonegroup