• Responsible for assisting Sr. A&R Manager in all aspects
• Manage and schedule meetings, showcases, and calendars
• Coordinate sessions with producers and songwriters
• Handle travel and itineraries
• Act as a liaison between the label, artists, and management companies that represent them
• Work closely with all departments including marketing, publicity, sales, product management, finance and legal
• Assist and participate in coordination of record production. Work with mixing and mastering engineers, studio managers, and artists throughout the process
• Maintain and develop relationships directly with artists
• Scout and research new artist, songwriter, and producer talent for PRMD Music & PRMD Publishing
• Review demo submissions and cover shows
• Coordinate detailed bi-weekly A&R research reports and other scouting projects
• Cover studio sessions
• Provide all levels of support including phones, expense reports, travel, and studio bookings
• Prospective interns should have a basic understanding of the music industry and A&R, but still be eager to learn more about the day-to-day process behind it all.
• Prospective interns must LOVE listening to indie and unsigned artists.
• Skills must include basic Microsoft Office and Internet research.
• Experience as a songwriter, performer, producer, engineer, etc is a plus.
• Interest in pursuing a career in artists and repertoire (A&R).
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills required.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
• Must be pro-active, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-through while adhering to deadlines.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks sufficiently while working independently.
• Strong interest in the music industry preferred.
• Strong organizational skills are preferred.
• Candidate must be reliable and have good time management skills.
All interested candidates should e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org