ANALYST & SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
New York, NY
ABOUT THE COMPANY: The American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) is a trade group representing independently owned recorded music companies. Independently owned labels comprise all genres of music, and over a third of all recorded music in the United States, including major stars such as Taylor Swift and Radiohead, popular eclectic artists including Alabama Shakes and Angel Olsen, and influential rap artists including Run the Jewels and NxWorries. A2IM serves as a central voice for a diverse community of Independent labels operating within the United States. A2IM represents members’ interests in the marketplace, in the media and tech, on Capitol Hill, and as part of the global music community.
LOCATION: At A2IM’s headquarters offices in New York, NY
Responsibilities: The Analyst & Systems Administrator is the lead resource for all technology, systems, data and analytics needs for A2IM. The A&SA will guide system and tool selection, execute effective integration and streamlining of tools. This person strives to understand the unique needs of each function at A2IM, the needs of the board, and the overall mission and service to member companies, and develops and delivers accurate real time business intelligence to support the core decision making, member services, events and advocacy activities of the organization.
Specific duties include
• Assess the needs of the organization and its current technology stack.
• Drive toward a single entry, secure, scaled system that allows for member transactions to flow directly from member website into the CRM. Leverage APIs to streamline the flow of data between systems such as CRM and accounting.
• Select, configure, update, and refine communications systems that facilitate mass communication with members, including text, email, newsletter and video conferencing for hundreds of member participants at a time.
• Automate and integrate core functions such as invoicing, renewals, event RSVPs and registrations, and basic troubleshooting of these member facing information and communication systems.
• Develop business intelligence dashboards that are streamlined, automated and actionable. These reports should encompass data from traditionally disparate systems such as CRM, accounting, member engagement, social media, media coverage, event attendance, event ticketing systems and surveys. Support the board, the CEO and the staff with reporting and intelligence that supports higher quality more timely decision making.
• Advance the functionality of the A2IM website to support member engagement and new member acquisition.
• Optimize the website for compatibility on all major browsers, mobile and tablet devices. Ensure quality and reliability of web presence.
• Partner with marketing and publicity on SEO and other technical means to support marketing and outreach efforts.
• Ensure data and system security and disaster recovery.
• Manage project management software and oversee all project deadlines ensuring they are met.
Required Skills and Experience
• BS degree in software, computing, data science, computer engineering or equivalent experience.
• Proven hands on system administration and integration skills.
• Experience assessing technology and business intelligence needs for a small organization.
• Track record of making good software, cloud and vendor selections.
• Transparent, collaborative professional who can represent the values and mission of A2IM internally with colleagues and the board, and externally with members and vendors.
• Strong writing, general written and verbal presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge and appreciation of music industry and particularly independent labels’ issues.
• The drive to go above and beyond to deliver world-class service for our members.
• Skilled in communicating to all levels of the music, media, tech industries.
• Highly organized, detailed, and accurate.
• Effective prioritization, time and project management skills.
• Innovative thinker.
• Ability to work independently yet collaborate and communicate with all stakeholders.
Job Type: Full-time
A2IM is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Salary and job title commensurate with experience
To apply (or recommend qualified candidates) please send cover letter and resume to: A2IMCareers@gmail.com
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.