Independent releases still struggle to get the access, attention and respect they need and deserve. The cold hard truth is that most gatekeepers still standing (in the way) are not interested in supporting independent artists, their labels, or their fans.
The Independent Music Awards can deliver the prestige, exposure and revenue opportunities that help build buzz and turn millions of new fans into customers.
Final Deadline Friday, November 5. – Details at TheIndependentMusicAwards.com
Earning an Independent Music Award is more than just a mark of distinction. The IMAs are the only international awards program that deliver yearlong marketing support plus performance, broadcast, alternative distribution and revenue opportunities.
Along with strategic partners eMusic, AMI Jukebox Entertainment, JangoAirplay, The Planetary Group Radio Promotions, and CMJ Music Marathon (among others), The IMAs place Winners and Nominees in front of millions of print, broadcast & online media, music programmers, and music fans.
That’s why artists and labels from around the world submit their best work in 70 Song, Album, Music Video & Design categories. New categories added to The 10th IMAs include honors for Reissue Album, Label Promo Compilations, and EPs.
Past Winners and Nominees are established talent and rising stars including: fun., Spinnerette, Holly GoLightly, And You Shall Know Us By The Trail of Dead, The Cliks, Jamie Lidell,The Trews, The Flatlanders, Speech, State Radio, Vienna Teng and more.
Program benefits for The 10th IMAs include:
- National Jukebox Distribution: IMA winners & nominees will be featured on 20,000 AMI jukeboxes. These digital jukeboxes report 500,000,000 annual paid plays that reach 1 Billion”active” listeners in bars and taverns
- 12-Week Radio Promotion Campaign: Winning tracks are promoted to 650 public and college stations in the US and Canada during a targeted radio promotion campaign. The IMA compilation routinely places on CMJ’s Top 25 charts
- Featured eMusic Promotion: The IMA Winners CD is promoted for 6 months+ to millions of eMusic subscribers – resulting in fan reviews, more exposure & sales
- Yearlong Media Outreach: Promotion to thousands of press contacts, talent buyers, music supervisors, broadcasters and programmers in yearlong marketing campaigns
- IMAtv: Labels and artists that join The IMAs may be featured in IMAtv original programming. Check out the season debut of Grooveable Feast feat. Suzanne Vega
The IMAs online submission platform and volume submission discounts makes it really easy to submit your work. Then just sit back and plan the victory party!
Final Deadline Friday, November 5.
Tags: Associate Member Spotlights, emusic, Holly Golightly, Independent Music Awards, Jamie Lidell, Music Resource Group, Spinnerette, The Cliks, Vienna Teng, …And You Shall Know Us By The Trail Of Dead