Despite recent successes, independent releases still struggle to get the access, attention and respect they need and deserve. The cold hard truth is that most gatekeepers still standing (in the way) aren’t interested in supporting independent artists, their labels or their fans.
The Independent Music Awards, produced by founding A2IM member Music Resource Group, makes every effort to deliver the prestige, exposure and revenue opportunities that help build buzz and turn millions of new fans into customers.
Deadline is October 1: Learn more here.
Earning an Independent Music Award is more than just a mark of distinction. The IMAs is the only international program that delivers year-long marketing support, plus performance, broadcast, alternative distribution and revenue opportunities.
Along with strategic partners eMusic, AMI Jukebox Entertainment, The Planetary Group Radio Promotions, Jango Airplay, among others, The IMAs place winners and nominees in front of millions of print, broadcast & online media, music programmers and music fans.
That’s why artists and labels from around the world submit their best work in 70 Album, Song, Music Video & Design categories. Among the new categories added to The 10th IMAs are honors for Reissue Album, Promo Compilation, EP and others.
Past winners and nominees include established talent and rising stars including: fun., Spinnerette, Holly Golightly, The Cliks, The Trews, Martin Sexton, …And You Shall Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Jamie Lidell, The Flatlanders, Speech, State Radio, Vienna Teng and others.
Some program benefits for The 10th IMAs include:
* National Jukebox Distribution: IMA winners & nominees will be featured on 20,000 AMI jukeboxes. These digital jukeboxes report 500,000,000 annual paid plays that reach 1 Billion “active” listeners in bars and taverns
* 12-Week Radio Promotion Campaign: Winning tracks are promoted to 650 public and college stations in the US and Canada during a targeted radio promotion campaign. The IMA compilation routinely places on CMJ’s Top 1-25 charts
* Featured eMusic Promotion: The IMA Winners CD is promoted for 6 months+ to millions of eMusic subscribers, resulting in fan reviews, more exposure & sales
* Year-long Media Outreach: Promotion to thousands of press contacts, talent buyers, music supervisors, broadcasters and programmers in ongoing marketing campaigns
* IMAtv: Labels and artists that join The IMAs may be featured in IMAtv original programming. Here is a sneak peek at an IMAtv Original Series that will launch this fall. Use the password: sneakpeek
The IMAs online submission platform and bulk submission discounts makes it easy to connect the artists on your roster to this truly unique opportunity.
Deadline October 1.
Tags: Associate Member Spotlights, awards, emusic, Holly Golightly, Indie, indie labels, Jamie Lidell, Martin Sexton, Music Resource Group, Planetary Group, Spinnerette, State Radio, The Cliks, The Flatlanders, The Trews, Vienna Teng, …And You Shall Know Us By The Trail Of Dead